Canada VS. USA.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Chuck Ellsworth

Exactly, the minister is an elected official by law responsible to uphold the law.

Corrupt government employees fear the minister.

I eventually prevailed by forcing the minister to intervene but it was as painful as getting my nuts removed without pain killers.

Their ability to deflect and stonewall is truly amazing.

Colonel

[quote]The findings of a survey, conducted by Environics Institute and the Institute on Governance,
into how Canadians view accountability and oversight in government underscore a
[u]troubling level of mistrust among Canadians in their government[/u], both elected officials and public servants.

In that survey, only [b]six per cent[/b] of those surveyed expressed a lot of trust in senior public servants
compared with 18 per cent who reported trusting front-line federal workers.[/quote]

[b]94% of Canadians[/b] don't trust senior "public servants"
(aka their government masters)

It takes a lot of scummy behavior, over many decades,
to get that kind of disapproval rating.
Trey Kule

I believe there are actually two training streams in the US.  One is under part 62, which seems to be what people are referring to here.
The other is a super regulated and structured course, typically used by the colleges and large flight schools.
I have been told that they turn out a very consitient good pilot on these courses.
So when comparing TC/FAA it might be a good idea to specify which stream the comparisons are being made with.
only under part 62 can you just buy a plane and start training.
ramjet555

[quote author=Colonel Sanders link=topic=5200.msg13350#msg13350 date=1482631029]

I'm not anti-authority in the least.  I have enormous respect
for Lewis B. Puller (Lt Gen USMC, ret'd - a distant cousin),
George S. Patton (Gen USA, ret'd), Douglas MacArthur (Medal
of Honor, General of the Armies, USA, ret'd,  Supreme Commander
Southwest Pacific Area, United Nations Command Korea).
[/quote]

Only one problem.
All of the above are dead and do NOT pose a threat to Donald Trump or modern theories of the Tea Party.

So, where does Sen. John McCain fit now?