If You Could Only Have ONE airplane ...

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Chuck Ellsworth

The 600 HP Stearman makes the worlds biggest noisemaker at airshows.

There was one out here in the west called Samson.

It stole every show he flew in.

Also Stearmans were a way of life for me when I was young and flying crop dusting with them.

As to nose heavy.....W&B is balanced by weight aft in the tail.

Colonel

I should get my ass in gear and get a MiG-21. 

Stockton has a 10,650 foot runway!

[img width=500 height=375]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... of_SAF.JPG[/img]

Talk about bad-ass on the ramp ...
duCapo

A Pitts of course:-) Spent enough of my life flying from A to B. 1 hour at a time playing would be good for me. If I had to have another plane, I'll take a Beaver with me when I sell my company. (God, please let it be soon) The Pitts rocks!
Nark1

I apologize to the Stinson Gods...

I'd take a amphib Beaver. I love going to back country areas, lakes etc...  The current lady can't do floats. Not enough power(wing).

Aerobatics are fun, but I get my jollies off 5-20' of the trees tops now as it is.
BusDriver

CL-415, I would go blast my load out in Fort Mac. Feel bad for all those forced to leave everything behind.....

Didn't Notley just slash the Annual Wildland Firefighting budget during the last provincial budget?
Slick Goodlin

Lately I've been daydreaming of a Ford-powered Pietenpol.  Not exciting on the surface but just a lovely old airplane to fly, of the handful of planes I've been lucky enough to try.

I'm optimistic though that I haven't yet flown the plane that will turn out to be my favourite...
GoBoy

Yup
I completing a Ford Model A powered Piet at the moment and occasionally fly another one.
Super fun to fly
goldeneagle

[quote author=Colonel Sanders link=topic=2947.msg8461#msg8461 date=1462337879]

So, if I had to own only three airplanes, it would be:

1) Pitts
2) Viper L29
3) C421B

You?
[/quote]

Ok, just found this place today, some of the old-timers will recognize me, most probably wont.

I like your list, but, number two not so much.  For me, if it's only one, I'd pick your third option, it's a great machine for running around the province on day trips, I live on the island these days.  Have family in the interior, and up north, 421 has the legs to do any of those destinations in one jump, reasonably quick, comfortable to fly, and in _almost_ any of the west coast weather.

I almost bought a pitts some years back, but changed my mind.  guess I'm just getting old and jaded, airplanes aren't fun anymore, they are means of getting from point A to point B much quicker than driving.
Chuck Ellsworth

How's life for you these days G.E.?

Glad you found this forum because this is where the P.C. lepers came from the other site.

We need more like you here!!!!  :) :) :)
Colonel

Been a long time!  You wouldn't believe
my current gig.

[quote]number two not so much[/quote]

Remember, not a [i]stock[/i] L29 - they are a
dog - but a Viper L29.  They are like night
and day.

Like replacing a Briggs & Stratton engine
in a go-kart with a 7L Hemi ...