Crystal Balls

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Liquid_Charlie

For those of us who have been around for a while we are well aware of the cyclic nature of aviation.

I think we all know this is a fact of life on the commercial side but I think general aviation is also prone to this.

What is in the future for career in aviation and how will things change for the hobbyist. Tech marches on and certainly being a "4 bar" will have a dramatic change in the next few years. I suggest that stick and rudder skills will become like the tail wheel.

General aviation has almost become an elitist sport or hobby. Even if you opt to become an owner of a "budget" oriented aircraft the schools are getting more expensive but even more importantly guilty of injecting chaff into it to up their cash flow. The has to be a better way so flying could be available to most anyone in the future.

OK gents polish off your balls and take a walk into the future.

"black air has no lift - extra fuel has no weight"
Scudrunner
Site Admin

There was another thread about flying clubs and I think that they will be the answer to keeping general aviation in reach for the average joe.
5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
Liquid_Charlie

Indeed but we all agree that instructors should be "better equipped" and also earn a fair wage for work done. Possibly we actually need a pool of free lance instructors, like the check airman program, to enable clubs to actually have access to good instructors in their own aircraft. Possibly even to the level of home built crowd and to the group with kit builds and such.
We need options and access to good instructors. Personally I would rather pay $100/hr to an instructor on my own aircraft than give it to one of these puppy mills of today.

Commercially, 100 years ago it was just being born and pilots were getting their faces smeared with castor oil, what will it look like in 100 years from now. Certainly not as we know it today and possibly large commercial aircraft will have no pilots and just a systems person to flip the big red switch if ground control is lost. Just think, what would a world be like without whining pilots and the worries of seniority lists -- LMFAOOOOoooo
"black air has no lift - extra fuel has no weight"