Eight Reasons Why The CRJ-200 Is A POS

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
ScudRunner-d95

The Challenger 850 in the Bizjet world and its POS as well, yes comfortable for pax but shit range, fuel burn and low ceiling. #buyaGlobal
vanNostrum

The 200 may be a POS but at the time of introduction it was
a step up from  the  equipment commuters were using
Liquid Charlie

It was a piece of shit from the get go - never designed for doing that many cycles and no LED's which turned it into a runway hog - I was around when air canada first introduced them -- it was a real shit show and it continues on with the Q 400 -- most carriers using them exactly for what they were never intended. YWG-YEG-YZF -- really -- it's cruel and unusual torture for pax in this day and age. Great short haul southern ontario triangle but even YYZ-YQT is painful -- all this scrambling and in 10 years I would guess the 400 will be fading just like the classics are today.
Three Bars

Yeah, let's compare it to its contemporaries. On the low end, the 99, the Metro, the 1900, the Jetstream, the Banderiante, the Brasilia...... all planes the CRJ nearly single-handedly killed. On the high end, the DC-9, the 717, BAe 146, the F28, the 737-500/600.... all too old, too big, or too expensive.

Equalling it in size were the Dash-8 300, the HS 748, the Convair 580, the F27, all slow ponderous turboprops. The ERJ wouldn't show up until the late 90s.
ScudRunner-d95

I bet Bill Lear never thought his design would have spawn this line up,
Liquid Charlie

[quote][font=Verdana]all planes the CRJ nearly single-handedly killed.[/font][/quote]

Not sure that's an accurate statement. If you had said fee for departure and deregulation in Canada I would agree more.
JW Scud

It has been a while since I have flown on one but don't you just love being in the cabin on approach, reading your magazine when the gear is selected down. The gear unlocks with a sudden, sharp sound that scares the S++T out of you.