Instuctors and schools -- again !!!!!!!

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Barneydhc82

David:  No matter how "experienced" the instructor might be, if he/she is doing something that makes you uncomfortable or is obviously dangerous or illegal...say so and don't fly with that person again.  In my 65 years in aviation, I have seen a great many situations that fell into the category of superior being and many of these ended in fatalities.

Instructors can be just as dangerous as any student pilot//they are not God

Barney 

David MacRay

You're right and I'm no instructor basher. The problem is by the time you know enough to stand up to one that is bad you are probably not getting flight training any more.

Once in the nineties during a training X-country for the night rating I made the mistake of trusting an instructor too much and letting him talk me into going toward the wrong airport.

We were heading for Red Deer/Penhold (sorry, not going to look up designators) and he spotted Indus. He points and says, the airport is over there. I say "I don't think that's Red Deer." He says, "I know but that's the airport." I say, "I think that's a different airport. I think Red Deer airport is closer to Red Deer.."  He says, "Are you sure? I think that's Red Deer airport." He's the instructor, so tell him, "I am not sure." then we head for it. I make a call to Red Deer to say I'm north east of the airport inbound. and the FSS guy says, "You're where? I don't see you." I tell him, "Well, I might be south of you closer to Some other airport." He says, "Oh, I see you now, you're going to Indus."

So, to make it even better the instructor says, "I just got here from Onterio. You're the one that should know where things are."

:-X Uh, because I go to Indus airport a lot?
David MacRay

Interesting, you are correct. I have actually been for a helicopter ride at Innisfail thanks to a very gracious and generous AvCadnada poster that does Young Eagles out there.

You know why it snowed yesterday? Because I was seriously planning to phone up and see if one of your instructors and planes were available. Theorizing you are still the mfwic there.