Majors Starting to Hire Again…

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.

Majors will start hiring in..

Early 2022
25%
Late 2022
No votes
25%
Pilotless aircraft will take over before the majors start massive hiring again
25%
Don’t care I’m just about to retire
25%

Total votes: 8
mcrit

I’ve heard some rumours that AC and WJ will be hiring again in early 2022. What with Flair and KF Aero’s start ups hiring I’m thinking there might be some truth to the rumours. What does the membership think?

Scudrunner
Site Admin

It’s going to recover just in time for the next massive market crash / inflation runaway that will cripple the economy.

I was in 5 states in the last week it’s like Covid doesn’t exist it’s great. If the sheep in Canada would only wise up to the fact it’s now a government control program than a life saving operation.

There are many airlines hiring for the return of regular travel. Many pilots may not return to the cockpit at all so might be good times for awhile.
5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
Slick Goodlin

mcrit wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:06 pm
I’ve heard some rumours that AC and WJ will be hiring again in early 2022. What with Flair and KF Aero’s start ups hiring I’m thinking there might be some truth to the rumours. What does the membership think?
AC’s last equipment bid showed over a hundred vacancies and that’s beyond recalling all currently furloughed pilots. My gut says barring anything else they’ll be hiring again in June-ish, maybe earlier. Hopefully earlier.

Porter is also looking for FOs and DECs, all bases, and also hiring on their Embraers on order. Rumour is they already have staff in the jet sim, probably their future training and checking staff, with line pilots expected to start training on it as early as January.

First Air had something like 42 vacancies on the ATR that they’re presently filling and I have no idea where those holes in their roster came from. I would have thought they’d be pretty essential where they fly so they couldn’t have downsized that much for the past year and a half, perhaps they had a bunch of pilots who were laid off elsewhere who are now returning to other jobs.
Scudrunner wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:13 pm
It’s going to recover just in time for the next massive market crash / inflation runaway that will cripple the economy.
I’m not smart enough to know for sure and everyone else thinks I’m nuts, but I worry this is forecast to come soon enough to have triggered our snap election a couple months ago.