I'm thinking of doing some teaching again.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
David MacRay

I suppose we could but I have lost interest in them.

Kind of like going to a car dealership and looking at new vehicles they are overpriced and will depreciate way too fast for my liking.

Chuck Ellsworth

What do you think about just test driving them and not taking them home?
David MacRay

They tend to look at me and ask for a deposit. I worry about getting it back.
Chuck Ellsworth

[size=10px][/size]
  Chuck I am curious if you had given this any more thought. As well as what would be your rate?  Image Image
I am not quite sure if I really will because I would need an airplane, such as a Cub.

As to my rate that really would not be a real concern because I don't really need the few extra dollars part time instructing would bring.

When I retired my rate was 250 Euro per flight hour but that was because I was still working for money.

Obviously if I were to do pilot skills upgrading it would be for the average working stiff so I would probable charge $100.00  per flight hour to cover expenses and make a bit extra.
praveen4143

If you have a cub and are teaching, I'd love to swing by for a few tail dragging lessons! Where do I sign up?
Chuck Ellsworth

I don't have a cub flying at the moment, I do have one that I have a partner finishing the rebuilding for me.

When it is flying I may do some training with it.

Liquid Charlie

I'm in Chuck

David MacRay

I'd buy a fifth share in that Aronca Champ for sale. We can pay Chuck in beer at Rouge.

Let me know so I can get the $5000.
Fendermandan

Chuck Ellsworth wrote: I don't have a cub flying at the moment, I do have one that I have a partner finishing the rebuilding for me.

When it is flying I may do some training with it.

Oooooo, interested. Hey Chuck, can my 6.4ft frame fit in that bird (all legs)?