The new C919 from China.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
David MacRay

I don't even know if the link will work but it might take you to a CNN link about the new airline plane being developed in China.

Also says they tried to build one in the 1980s. I think their manufacturing processes were not capable of building a large plane back then. Now? They might be.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/02/asia/chin ... oryGalLink

ScudRunner-d95

Didn't take them long to knock off the Cseries eh or is it derived more from the A320 that Airbus started producing in China?
tipsails

Some similarities to the other big two, bit overall a nice looking machine.  I wonder if it will be allowed to fly into Canadian and US airspace.  I imagine the FAA will require their own inspections.
ScudRunner-d95

hard to say, they don't have a good track record of western certification. That being said it depends on their target market, China, African Countries? might not even be on their radar.
David MacRay

They might not want western certification until they get production ramped up. They want to be able to have their own west jet like domestic carriers.

They're going to need cheap planes for that and quite a few.