GoFund me begging from pilots.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Rookie Pilot

It's an epidemic.  Need money for flight training? Don't work for it. GOFUND ME!

There are DOZENS of these on GoFund me. 

Need 10 hours of night for an ATPL? Go on the other site and ask for a stranger to lend their plane. For free, and assume all the risk to an unknown person -- "help out a fellow pilot".

Where is people's self respect? 

GoFund me is for truly traumatic situations. Not for someone to pursue their expensive hobby or get to a six figure career.

Chuck Ellsworth

Does it work two ways?

I am to old to get a job flying and I need money should I start a go fund me begging process?
ScudRunner-d95

at least go out and start a youtube, instagram, twitter account and upload your flight videos with commentary. Sell adspace be interesting, become an influencer, maybe get a patreon account going.

Offer people something not just beg
Chuck Ellsworth

Fortunately I made enough money during my career I can live quite comfortably.

But I have been considering writing some educational pieces on the things I learned about flying that got me through my career without wrecking an aircraft and posting them here to maybe help others become better at height judgement.

From watching airplanes landing it would appear a lot of pilots have no idea of their height, they just wait for it to contact the runway and arrive instead of land.

One of the most useful things I figured out was how to accurately judge height above the surface when landing or flying real low...one to two feet above the surface.
David MacRay

Self respect huh? There's no money in that.

"Your love gives me a thrill, but your love won't pay my bills...."
Eric Janson

[quote author=Chuck Ellsworth link=topic=8339.msg23040#msg23040 date=1524709833]
Fortunately I made enough money during my career I can live quite comfortably.

But I have been considering writing some educational pieces on the things I learned about flying that got me through my career without wrecking an aircraft and posting them here to maybe help others become better at height judgement.

From watching airplanes landing it would appear a lot of pilots have no idea of their height, they just wait for it to contact the runway and arrive instead of land.

One of the most useful things I figured out was how to accurately judge height above the surface when landing or flying real low...one to two feet above the surface.
[/quote]

You definitely should Chuck - Youtube Channel is perfect for this.
Colonel

Most pilots can't fly very precisely.

Most pilots [i]don't even know[/i] they need to fly precisely - they
will just whine about their landings.

If you can't fly precisely, a good landing is merely an accident.

Pilots roll their eyes when I tell them this, but learn to control
the airplane to within +/- 1 inch in x/y/z.  That's a pretty big
box, when you think about it: 8 cubic inches of slop.

Make the airplane do [b]exactly what you want[/b] - an extension of
your body.

I know, I am a dinosaur, a 20th century pilot.  I need to get a
checklist, a nosewheel airplane and on facebook  ::)
Nark1

Satisfying moments in life:
Greaser of a landing at Ohare.  So smooth you don't even know the spoilers activated...
The Airbus can do it.  Never felt a 737 greaser. 
Just saying.

I haven't flown the 180 enough to get a greaser.  I mean a real greaser, out of her yet. Next weekend I'll report back. 

I haven't greased the Hawk in a while.  You don't fish for smooth landings in a war zone. Call me old fashioned...