TV Show: "Airplane Repo" Looking for new Pilots

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Scudrunner
Site Admin

Hey I know some of you are out of work these days and the economy is in shambles so why not use your skills as a Pilot to branch out into the fake airplane repo business!

https://www.pilgrimmediagroup.com/casti ... raft-repo/

I think Colonel's Pitts repo squad has ring to it!?
Posted on October 26, 2020
Discovery Channel’s hit show “Airplane Repo” is now looking for bold aviation pros who have what it takes to carry out major repossession jobs on national television.

High-end repo experience a plus.

CONTACT US TODAY!
Email AirplaneRepoAgents@gmail.com with your name, phone number, a recent photo and a brief explanation of why you are right for this show. OR just fill out the online form below.

5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
Liquid_Charlie

Fuck me, who could handle the bullshit created drama

Have you ever noticed that these so call reality TV shows all follow the same premiss and even the same narrator. Like everything else the fine line between reality and story telling is getting thicker and no longer can we call it a "fine line" reality TV has no reality. Just a cheap way of not using professional actors.
"black air has no lift - extra fuel has no weight"
Rosco P Coltrane
Location: Behind a billboard in Hazard County watching for spambots.

Can we get Macray on there? I'd watch an episode where he is eating a sandwich and flying to an airport with good BBQ in a 172 he just repossessed.
Nark

I've met some of the dudes. They're peculiar and were chosen for that reason. No one wants to watch a normal human being.

Short story longer... a friend of mine is an actress. She moved out to LA a few years ago. After catching up a little bit, she was excited to tell me she snatched a roll in some stupid wedding dress reality TV show, as the sales lady. I was a bit confused because she isn't a wedding dress expert.

This was when my world came crashing down around me. She had the misfortune of telling me reality TV is entirely fake. All the supernumerary people are actors, because they don't have all day for regular people to get "star-struck" and ruin a good shot.

Well fuck me.

Story time:
As for producers... I am in a commercial (you can all have my autograph) for Army recruiting. It was shot a few weeks ago, and I'll post it when it gets released. Anyway... My roll was a Blackhawk pilot, imagine that. We were tasked with running up the helicopter and the "actors" (other national guard volunteers) were running in and out of the helicopter. The concept is that the helicopter lands to drop off civilians, and they go off to boot camp from there. To understand the military flying process, as PIC I need to be briefed by another briefing officer, then after that I need to be approved for the mission by a senior officer. For this commercial we were briefed and approved for a full ground run only. No flying, which means the wheels don't leave the ground whatsoever.

So we're in the hanger since winter was blowing outside... We all get in a huddle and I brief my part of the puzzle, which is only starting and running up the helicopter. The producer ask's "hey I think it would make a great shot if you could fly around and land, then the pax can get out!" I explained to him, it's not that simple to just go flying, and we aren't approved for flight. Keep in mind I'm the PIC.
Many minutes later, as we are puling the helicopter out of the hangar to shoot the commercial, my crew chief and my copilot both tell me the same producer went up them afterwards and asked if we could fly, then land, just as he asked.
I guess that sort of thing worked for him as a child. If dad says no, mom might say yes. A military helicopter isn't like a family, its like a dictatorship. There is a final authority.

I despise all things media and TV.

Oh yeah, the most important part, Jessica:
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2781723/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
Jess.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
Colonel

reality TV is entirely fake
Say it isn't so!!
David MacRay

:shock:

That show looks really dumb. Also there is a guy with a gun in this clip.

Obviously my participation, is going to depend greatly on the quality of sandwiches they are willing to provide.
Scudrunner
Site Admin

If you can find the original pilot of that program it was more like a documentary following around an actual airplane repo guy.

I guess that wasn’t fun enough so they needed more pilots swimming across lakes to Jack a C185 off a dock at night.
5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
Colonel

there is a guy with a gun in this clip
If you need a pistol for the show, I've got a nice black Desert Eagle
in .44 Magnum you can borrow. Trigger is ok. Not great, but ok.

If you want a girly pistol, I have a CZ 9mm which has a really horrible
trigger, but at least is all-metal. Don't really like it. Don't know why
anybody likes CZ, frankly, even with all the re-works they're still junk.

Slick Goodlin

I’m gonna do it. The PFO will go nicely in my collection.
David MacRay

I wanted less guns around the airplanes.