Another fun looking airplane

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Slick Goodlin

This would be pretty cool:
[youtube][/youtube]

Except some killjoy has already slammed the door on [i]really[/i] uncorking the awesome by writing amateur-built aircraft Standard 549.9:
(a) The Powerplant may utilise propeller or reaction jet propulsion, [b]but not solid and liquid fuel rockets.[/b]

Lame.

Who wouldn't want to go straight up on a column of smoke and noise?  Probably wise to leave the T-stoff and C-stoff behind (less explodey that way) and switch to a more modern hybrid rocket burning nitrous oxide and some stable solid fuel.
[youtube][/youtube]

David MacRay

That is interesting to see her and hear her speak about it.
ScudRunner-d95

Whats wrong with strapping a small turbine on that thing and having fun.

oh wait, aviation is suppose to be boooring.  O0
cgzro

[font=verdana]"aviation is suppose to be boring"[/font]

[font=verdana]I must not have got that memo ;)  but I agree strap a nice little turbine in that sucker, make a couple of hidden inlet flaps and a smoke system and take on every airshow for a few years.[/font]

[font=verdana]Speaking of airshows .. did you guys see the YAK 110? Yowza they seriously did not get the memo.[/font]

BCPilotguy

[quote author=cgzro link=topic=7684.msg21319#msg21319 date=1514263113]

[font=verdana]Speaking of airshows .. did you guys see the YAK 110? Yowza they seriously did not get the memo.[/font]

[/quote]

I've been following this project for quite a while, it's cool as hell!

[youtube][/youtube]

They've already tested it to +6/-4G, but haven't added the jet engine yet. I can't wait to see what kind of a routine they're going to develop for it.

cgzro

I always loved the sound of the Yak/Sukhoi but as a twin its even cooler.

Personally I'd just skip the jet engine, get fully reversible propellors and explore all the stuff you can do with one or both engines thrusting in reverse.

Slick Goodlin

I was convinced the Yak 110 was a hoax right up until they posted the video of it flying.  Wild machine, I wonder what it will actually be capable of.
vanNostrum

Hope this is a single pilot airplane :)
Slick Goodlin

[quote author=vanNostrum link=topic=7684.msg21392#msg21392 date=1514601849]
Hope this is a single pilot airplane :)
[/quote]
It's a CRM trainer on the sink-or-swim principle of instruction.