Something is wrong with my brain.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Tailwind W10

A couple of years ago one of the members nosed-over GIBY coming up to the runway hold line.  She was down for a few months and took the wind right out of my sails.  I started putting all my available aviation units into the W-10 build. I've got the engine all but sorted, just need the fuel injection and prop to finish it out.  Still need most of the panel and all the covering and finishing materials, so not out of the woods yet.  Haven't flown PIC for about 2 and a half years, but I scam a ride now and then and hog the stick for a while.  My neighbor's RV-7A is a truly delightful airplane.  ;^)

The flight school here in Wetaskiwin put a 7ECA on the line last year so I really need to get back in the saddle.  It's a 1966 model, so it's delightfully archaic with the vacuum horn on the side.  At least I won't have to worry about an engine pump giving up.  ;^)

Cheers
Gerry

David MacRay

I'm a shiftless bum so I a get the whole, "The rent's too high!"

Yes I live in Alberta. No I can't work for the bastards that run most of the companies in the field I have certification in. The reason Mike Holms has a show is because of the sort of crooks that operate too many of the worlds construction companies.

So yeah it's expensive but we need to fly more than every two years. Once a year has been surprisingly good but if I get set loose solo again I'm going to attempt to stay current for rental. Six flight per year.

If I go completely rogue and buy a plane, I'll come up and be the airplane fairy. You can get a bit of PIC.
Tailwind W10

David, I'd be more than happy to take you up on the offer, should all those events transpire.  I'm working towards first flight on my project late next year.  May not get it done, but the push is making for good progress.  Perhaps we can swap flights along the way, should give you a good excuse for a cross country.

Cheers
Gerry