Something is wrong with my brain.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
DeflectionShot

Plus one for the Colonel. As for the Calgary flying club the Citabria rents for 135 per hour vs 154 for the 172. That doesn't include the fuel surcharge they throw on but there ya go....the Citabria they have is very nice machine.

Colonel

Hell, I would pay [i]more[/i] for a Citabria than a 172!

Sounds like a deal to me.

FBO at my airport rents this (and other Citabrias
and Decathlons):

[img width=500 height=90][/img]

I would rent it just for the registration!!

"Tower, two bullshit is downwind two five left"

[img width=500 height=326]http://aireform.com/wp-content/uploads/KLVK.apdg_.jpg[/img]

I love closed pattern on that short runway.
David MacRay

Hmmm, I may have to check into this. I'm down to 250ish after losing another five pounds. Not positive I can hop in it gracefully but I can probably get in nearly unassisted. I'm probably paying the surcharge on quispy peanut butter so that isn't a factor. I was caught off guard by going out to look for the plane I was going to fly last week and there was someone in Yankee peanut butter. Did not expect two planes with such close registrations.

Do they still let you use the grass beside 17/35?
Colonel

This is none of my business Beef, but ...

1) reduce your caloric input to 1500 per day
2) walk at least 2 hours a day

Continue doing the above until the first digit
of your weight in lbs is a one.  Keep it there
for the rest of your life.  The benefits to you
will be manifold.

PS  Eat whatever the hell you want, just make
sure you stay at 1500 calories and take some
vitamin/mineral supplements.

People don't think I'm too bright, but please
consider this advice.  It's really simple.

Sometimes, when people take my advice,
things work out very well for them.
David MacRay

heh, thanks, I'll just run out and fix it.

I clearly titled the thread as a tip off.

You don't get a hundred and twenty pounds over your chart weight because you had the bacon cheeseburger once.

I'm not going to count calories, because it will make me unable to get out of bed and need a large pizza with everything.

I see you don't think I'm too bright.

I have drastically changed the volume of food I eat for well over a year. Because of that I am not physically capable of eating like I did for about forty years.

I was a buffet champion. If there was a local belt for it I would have been a contender. I once asked how much was the most, the waitress had seen someone eat at the all you can eat pasta event, "5 bowls, but it was a really fat guy." Then I ate 7!

I have lost around half of what I hope to eventually lose. The only time in my adult life I was close to chart weight, I was 200 pounds and I was in amazing condition going hard at Kempo 3 times a week. If I can get there it's a win. You're right getting to 180 will be better if possible. I already have girls arms now so who knows.

I am walking, eleven years ago I was not sure I would be able to walk normal after I tore the quadricep muscle in my leg. It is still not functioning normally.

Ok you got me, two hours is unusual and I have not been doing it every single day. My bad.

I should switch to diving and swimming. Tips on vitamins? Probably time for geritol.
Tailwind W10

[quote author=DeflectionShot link=topic=7095.msg19658#msg19658 date=1507336057]
As for the Calgary flying club the Citabria rents for 135 per hour vs 154 for the 172. That doesn't include the fuel surcharge they throw on but there ya go....the Citabria they have is very nice machine.
[/quote]

I've got forty-odd hours in C-GIBB when it was with Namao Flying Club.  I gather CFC spend some money freshening it up when we sold it to 'em.  Great fun, always had a grin on while flying it.  ;^)

Gerry
Colonel

Friend of mine used to have a 7GCBC.  When the wind was
howling down the runway, I used to try to hover it.  I could
slow it right down, but I could never fully stop it.

About as aerobatic as a 172, honestly.  Esp with the wood
wings.  Be nice to the old girl.  Maybe just a roll or two.
David MacRay

It has been a while since I was rough on any airplanes. The whole, "Most young men should never have anything nice." Doing poorly performed zero G parabolas was not done out of malice, just ignorance in what I didn't know.

Anyway, I'm not bitter just need to make a change in how I live so it has a bit more potential to stick. I have been lighter than I am currently lots of times.

Between the rule change that came with my pretty ring and a few other well timed events, I had some pizza and put on a little extra weight.

Maybe the title should be "There's lots of things wrong with my brain. Some of them make me comfort eat."

Is C-GIBB the current one or the last "tail dragged" they had?
Tailwind W10

C-GIBB was with Namao Flying Club for years.  She was getting a little tired and needed some cleanup on the covering.  NFC bought a newer 7ECA C-GIBY about 4 years ago, and sold GIBB to CFC.  My understanding is they had the work done and she's back in tip-top shape.  I've heard they're doing some aerobatic instruction on her as NFC is doing with GIBY as well.

Gerry
David MacRay

Are you flying C-GIBY these days? How is the W 10 coming along?