I simply hate flying

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
David MacRay

Some of the Hispanic folks might not like Senor Trump's perceived stance on Mexico.

I know a Mexican fellow on another forum I frequent was not a fan of the new presidente. I don't know how much of his concern was based on rumors. Of course he was a Mexican citizen living in Mexico. His main fear was, exclusion of Mexico and nationalism would hurt the Mexican economy.

I know people here, particularly in the theatre community that genuinely feared the new president being elected. The lgbq folks especially felt threatened. The perception seemed to be that "Let's make America great again." would include oppressing everyone who is not a white male.

The puzzling thing for me was the large numbers of white males I heard and read expressing fear of that. If you are a white male why do you fear your demographic taking over, are you a bully trying to reform? They seemed to think the United States was about to return to the 1800s and soon enough that guy from the kkk was going to be some sort of White House aid.

I think the politically correct soft language, is making it so you can't tell regular folks, who might say something mean, from legitimate bad guys as easily. Then when people were saying and writing mean things during the election, it caused extra fear that there were more bad guys than there probably are.

I think you really explained a lot of problems with so much recently, including public transportation and especially commercial flying, when you wrote.

[quote author=Nark]  People are so stressed out for little or no reason.
[/quote]

As Yoda says, "Fear leads to anger..."

Anger leads back to fear and to a reduction of fun riding in an airplane.

Maybe it's made worse because, you can't just pull the cord like on a land bus to indicate you want to get out, relax for a bit and grab the next plane hoping for a nicer crowd.

It has felt like the customs and pre-screening has been intentionally designed to upset or even piss people off, possibly in an attempt to make people not want to fly. It seems to have been getting worse for a few decades now. Seriously, they have to break the pointy file off my nail clippers to protect the plane? Of course that joke was made worse, the time I accidentally flew with my house keys, that have a set of nail clippers, that rode with the file undetected and therefore intact.

Those planes flying into buildings certainly did not help any of this.

Colonel

In over a half-century of border crossing, US CBP
has always treated me very well.

I wish I could say the same about my own country's
bureaucracy.
digits

Only bad experience with a border crossing I ever had was entering Canada by car from the US while applying for a work permit. Very rude, arrogant and ignorant border officer. A wonderfull combination.

The US officers in the airports have usually a bit of a more strict demeanor but have always treated me correctly as well. I don't like their finger print policy, but that's not really the employees' fault.
Eric Janson

[quote author=Nark link=topic=6790.msg18472#msg18472 date=1501400014]

What exactly is your logic with Hispanic border agents?[/quote]

Having had the misfortune of going through Miami at a previous job - the worst experience.

Only London Heathrow comes close.

I got yelled at for using the two letter code for the Airline when I filled in the flight number. Same as what is printed on the boarding pass.

Cuban - Americans overcompensating for a massive inferiority complex.