I hate sims

Flying Tips and Advice from The Colonel!
Colonel

But this F-14 sim was so bad, it was good!

F-35 RCAF will rely on CF-18 and use Australian F-18 aircraft until 2032
David MacRay

Obviously they are limited and… If you have an airplane that you could use all the time they are not a good substitution for the real thing.

I would agree with you 100% if you were saying you need more actual flying to keep your skills up in order to get any value from sim training. Otherwise you risk creating some skills better suited to flying a simulator than an actual plane.

I just can’t hate simulators completely.

You know me, I’m silly but… They are great as long as they are being used for the right things.

I think they are probably better for overwhelming someone. Then pausing to explain how they got in a bad situation you might not want them to experience in a real plane.
Colonel

Because a sim never flies like an airplane, nearly by definition it teaches you to do the wrong thing.

As a procedure trainer I suppose it has it’s uses. Tracking with an ADF in a strong crosswind, for example. But nobody does that any more, so …
F-35 RCAF will rely on CF-18 and use Australian F-18 aircraft until 2032
David MacRay

We should get a redbird and some 🍕I bet it would be good times.

Also that story was pretty good. I feel like he probably didn’t enjoy being asked to explain what he did at the time but now it’s fun.
vanNostrum

I love me one of this
link-trainer-march-03-1940-2HX5F6X.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There are only 3 kind of people in this world
Those that can add and those that can't