Anonymity?

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Chuck Ellsworth

[quote]So far, neither Strega nor Chuck have taken up the invite, even sweetened the deal for Chuck with a camping spot with power, when that was within my power to give. I could probably still arrange it if he was interested, but I'm not always around there these days, so he'd have to catch me in the off season.[/quote]

I definitely would visit with you if I were to be on that side of the mountains.
[font=verdana]
[font=Verdana]I sold my motorhome last winter but am having a small travel trailer built, should have it by fall.[/font][/font]

[font=verdana]So if I get out your way I will drop by.[/font]

David MacRay

I don't think it is an act of bravery to meet people that post on forums. Only one ever mentioned fisticuffs, it was at AvCanada. I don't have any idea why.

I'm a bit strange, ask silly questions and make odd often sarcastic statements but I never intended anything as a challenge.

Most people I have met seem like nice folks.

I prefer anonymity because I have seen too many of those stories about the guy who thought he was John Lennon or the lady that wanted to relax in David Letterman's house.

Being on television or even posting online is not the same as meeting a person.

If some guy joins using a regular name it doesn't mean anything. I could have registered as Charles Nixon. It would not make it true.
Chuck Ellsworth

In all the years I have been posting I can not recall any time I had wished I were anonymous.
David MacRay

It's a bit different on the aviation forums. More so here since it is a smaller community with quite a few people I have met.

I used to go on a forum that was part of an online poker site. I was not interested in some of the people on there knowing my identity. There were scammers on there since the site used real money.

I even changed from my original screen name from Davey8r to something more anonymous.

You phoned me when I was anonymous on AvCanada so being anonymous can't be the worst thing.
Strega

Shiny

My mythical hanger?

All you guys seem to know soooooo much about me...

Why would I want to fly with you?
David MacRay

I'd buy you pizza.
Strega

Shiny

Did cpncrunch teach you how to fly a 172a?

It seems owning one for a couple years qualifies you as an aviation expert