Training in Kanada, vs the USA

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Colonel

I can't really tell
FWIW I was told by someone that had him as a
pax, that Porkchops panicked during a side-slip.

That's Canada's Aviation Kardashian for you.

It more irritates me that there is a market for what he's selling, but that's besides the point
Jerry Springer, Maury Povich, the Kardashians
and PorkChops.  All selling to the "Fifty Shades
of Grey" crowd.

Strega

Shiny

Do you think it's smart to be spewing videos that depict a 2100' Rwy as a short field?

Just because you can't fly in imc , doesn't make what mr aviation does "dumb"

Strega

Stregas tip for new instrument students:

If your instructor had never flown an ils by themselves in cloud, to near minimums,  find a new instructor.

In Kanada, how many instructors that are currently teaching instrument flying, have zero actual instrument time?
David MacRay

Strega wrote:
In Kanada, how many instructors that are currently teaching instrument flying, have zero actual instrument time?
As usual I am guessing here. Most?
David MacRay

Shiny wrote: Hey, did your instructor in Canada have in cloud time when you did your IFR?
I had an instructor that did. I was doing some hood time toward a CPL and he said, "you can take the hood off." It was kind of exciting because we were in cloud. I never cheated so it was just business as usual on the instruments working on my weak scan skills. Got on the ILS, not sure how far back we were but when I flew out of the clouds, I was lined up nice for the runway at YYC. The old days when you could land a 172 there for free.

Nice to know I did not panic in cloud if nothing else.
Strega

Shiny

It seems you are making inferences about me that are not true.

I did my instrument training in nearly all actual imc conditions, with an instructor that had decades of real world imc experience.

Show my where me aviation was dodging embedded thunderstorms at night?

Shiny,

As an instructor, are you capable of providing the same level of instruction as mr aviations instructor ? (Ie are you experienced in imc operation to be able to fly an ils to minimums with a student in the left seat?)
Strega

Look up "askcaptainscott" on you tube...

Tell me who you would rather teach people to fly.  Captain Scott or little Pistons?
Chuck Ellsworth

Well I know BPF quite well.

He worked for me as a flight instructor when I owned a flight school both fixed and rotary wing.

I would not allow him to fly my twin engine airplane because in my opinion he was not competent to teach in it.

He has finally found the perfect job for him though.