I'll never forget...

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Nark

9/11 wasn't a turning point in my life, but it fueled it.

On September 7th, I had finished my multi checkride. Spent the weekend packing my car to drive to Prince George, because I was the best of the best and was ready for the mighty 1900 that CMA had.
September 10th, early start, arrived late afternoon to chat with the CP.
A dose of reality was injected. He suggested I drive to YTH or some other spot at the end of the road.

So, seeing that my bank account wasn't as flush as it could have been, I went to Canadian Tire and purchased a 1-man tent. Drove several more km's. Somewhere outside of Banff, I erected my new tent and took a snooze.
It was a pretty decent Tuesday morning, packed up my site and trucked along to Edmonton.

Came though city center airport. Knocked on the door of 2 places, both the counter staffed were a bit "off." Seeing that my blood doesn't run Liberal, I was listening to Simon and Garfunkel and the Eagles instead of the CBC.
Driving past Edmonton Intl... I see a bunch of heavies out and about. Having a little pulse on the industry, I thought "that's weird...?"

Fast forward, I have had the ultimate pleasure of facilitating the eradication of tyranny.
I supported the air war in the counter insurgency fight in Iraq 2007; watched ISIS both explode and implode over Mosul, IQ and another place or two.

9/11 fueled the machine, the machine fueled the ideologies of the goat fornicators, and a perpetual circle has been operating since. I've held a direct and indirect piece of the cog that churns the war machine.

For better or worse, I will never forget.

Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
Colonel

Thank you for your service.

mcrit

They won. Biden gave Afg back to the Taliban; our education system and media denigrates Christian and Western values but glosses over the fact that others are aggressively expanding while practicing slavery and genocide. They won.
Colonel

Not sure we can entirely blame the rapid decline of the west on anything related to 9/11.

What I find bewildering is that the middle east used to be a HUGE existential daily crisis, but it just doesn’t matter any more. Simply surreal.

However I think the reason for that is the Ukraine war, which is the biggest money laundering operation imaginable. The kickbacks are making people very rich. They don't need the middle east, when they can get incredibly rich off the Ukraine.