Time to Expand Billy Bishop YTZ

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Scudrunner
Site Admin

Not to get political but as a corporate pilot who has to endure operating into the gong show YYZ this needs to happen.

What major city in the world has only one airport that closes overnight and only has one friggen airport.

5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
Nark

Maybe I should come back to Canada to vote.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
Colonel

I think you have to?
Elections Canada says more than 200,000 mail-in ballots sent to voters in the last federal election were not counted, according to Blacklock’s Reporter.

Those ballot kits which were late, cancelled, or marked as lost in the mail, totalled 205,000 and were greater than the margin of victory between Liberal and Conservative candidates nationwide — 190,790 votes.

“We are deeply sorry for any elector who was unable to vote on election day,” said Susan Torosian, executive policy director for Elections Canada.
hhahahahahah - sure you are. I didn't see her resigning.

I understand that many of these votes were not expected to be for the incumbent government.
Scudrunner
Site Admin

Vote Early and Vote Often !
Slick Goodlin

Expand? I’m shocked that property hasn’t gone the way of Meigs field yet.
Colonel

I remember reading that there were 51,000 (or something like that) noise complaints about the island, and over 95% of them come from 4 people.

I’m not sure why anyone gives a shit what they think.

Remember “Money For Nothing” by Dire Straits? From the 1980’s? It was banned in Canada (which looks a lot like North Korea these days) because one person complained.

Must be something in the water.
Scudrunner
Site Admin

Didn’t the CRTC try to ban the Bare Naked Ladies for their offence name ?

Probably the best thing to happen to them. Doubt we would know of some Toronto indi group without that.
Colonel

I think I remember that. It was Toronto that banned them.

Badge of honor. Having people in Toronto not like you isn’t exactly something to be ashamed of.
anofly

I have been aviating to CYTZ for over 40 yrs now.
thru most of the 80s, it was bar none the busiest airport in canada based on movements.
Schools, charters, banner tows, visitors etc.
then came the dreaded 5 dollar" service fee, along with a landing fee.
It now costs north of 100 bucks to put your wheels down and park overnight in a twincomanche. close to 119.00 all in. Landing fee reasonable, 25 ish bucks, parking overnight twinco 80.00 plus gst.
There used to be 2 fbos AND a "{city ramp" and "city ramp" was reasonable. "City ramp" got swept up into Porter land.
the jet ban makes no sense as it is based on nothing other than them being jets.... not based on noise, not based on pollution per mile etc... Just based on "props not too bad" Jets are bad....
It makes me take a bit of pause about running down just for somewhere to go to dinner.... but it was cool while it lasted to walk into town, poke around queen west, and fly out after darK.....
Scudrunner
Site Admin

Are the Dash 8 not louder than the C-Series ?

Maybe Porter should hire someone with a 185 to depart right at 6am every day for a year.