Qantas Link Pilot sues company after engine failure.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Scudrunner
Site Admin

5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
Nark

This will go over like a lead balloon.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
David MacRay

The article says.

“PTSD ended dream career.” Then finishes with. “ the plane landed safely.”

Perhaps I had to be there to understand.
Nark

I get that PTSD is a real thing, and I don’t fault some, however....

I have a buddy who lost and arm, and he has a rating of 40% disability from the VA. While there are some with a 100% disability rating from PTSD.

Give me a fucking break.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
David MacRay

I know things are complicated and I definitely am not claiming that it is not legitimate. I might actually agree there was some bad maintenance choices there.

I just wonder if there is some sort of misunderstanding of what being a pilot might involve.

I would like to hear from the rest of the crew on that flight.
Slick Goodlin

Maybe this is a cautionary tale for the rest of us. The mind is a complex thing and very difficult to repair once ‘broken.’ From my days as a chief pilot I could see a few of my line pilots heading that way, though they all left for airlines that no longer exist long before it became a problem. It’s easy to get in your own head and psych yourself out, convincing yourself little by little that they’re out to get you until one day a big event pushes you over that mental edge.

Does this lawsuit sound silly and frivolous? Yes. Did it take years for her to be primed to end up this way? Also yes.