Membership Drive..

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
trey kule

I have been giving the membership increase on this site, some thought lately. ( yeah yeah...covid..too much time on my hands.)

The sense I have from emails is that it might be a good time to bring , or return, some popular posters into the fold, from , oh, another similar website....lets call it Adcanucka.

Existing members here have the ability to PM,email, even carrier pigeon and offer personal invitations.

I don’t see this site ever really appealing to the 15 year old, or computer captains,
But there is a huge wealth of experience that can be tapped. Both for interesting thread discussions, and a resource pool for those that just want to lurk. Be great to have a couple of dozen “ personalities” join.

I did start this and did meet with a bit or hesitation, but assured them the site has recently changed for the better....(.scudrunner....looking at you!)

Chuck Ellsworth

Excellent idea!!!
Chuck Ellsworth

Excellent idea!!!
Big Pistons Forever

FWIW, the recent changes got me to reevaluate joining. I stayed away in the past because I did not think anything I posted was going to get a positive reaction. I don’t think that is the case now.

I am perfectly happy to have people disagree over the content of my posts, but life is too short for dealing with the personal attacks.
Scudrunner
Site Admin

Thanks for this effort.
I wholeheartedly support and encourage everyone to spread the word about this site to friends or peers on other sites.

I have done such guerrilla marketing tactics in the past so much so the word ScudRunners is banned on some sites so you may have to be creative.

Perhaps cut and paste:

Hi come over to S c u d r u ners.com it’s a great aviation forum, I’m on there. It has improved a lot since you have last been on there. Definitely worth a second look. This site doesn’t let me type the URL so it might be easier to google S c u d runners.com you’ll find it. Hope to see you there.
Edit See my post on page two PM me for the link to a site that isn’t banned. It will redirect to here.

I agree that the “tik Tok Go Pro” pilots might not be the first to sign up to a Forum but there are many that will and can offer there knowledge on here as well.

New takes on things are always worth considering and I hope the membership would welcome their perspectives.

I appreciate everyone’s efforts and want to encourage you to “make this site your own” even if a monkey like me is throwing the switches around behind the scenes.
5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
esp803

My .02

I visit both sites. I visit this one once every few months, and previously it was essentially two old men yelling at things. It has it's moments, but grows tiring very quickly. The other site as devolved into something cancerous for many reasons. I'll check back in here a little more frequently to see if things have improved a little, and if they do(have), I'll continue to contribute where I can over here.

E
Scudrunner
Site Admin

esp803! Good to see you on here again appreciate your .02c
5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
John Swallow

:...essentially two old men yelling at things....

Mumble, grumble, young whippersnapper, grunt, blow a raspberry, mumble...

:D :D :D
David MacRay

Scudrunner wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:32 am
esp803! Good to see you on here again...
Excellent. How's it going E? Are you still riding your bicycle out west?
trey kule

Plan B.

I PM’d a couple of great folks on AvCanada. The word “scudrunners” disappeared from my PM. It was funny to read what was left.

So. We need a code...that will need to change.
AvCanada appears very determined not to lose revenue...I mean visitors.

I expect once my nefarious activities are recognized, I will be banished forever from AvCanada’s advertising bombardment.

Reach out. Reach out. Welcome new and returning posters with open arms...
( subject to face masks, non touching, of course)