TC layoffs

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
trey kule

I keep hearing about all the slow Processing times at TC right now. No flight tests. Very very limited testing..No AOC inspections

But I have not heard a peep of any layoffs.

Anybody know if TC has had any layoffs?
Seems they have really scaled back their services. CERB , or EI, or whatever it's called, would certainly be saving the taxpayers buckets of money

Scudrunner
Site Admin

Laying off at a government agency, never heard of that under a liberal government
5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
vanNostrum

Wondering the same thing about Nav Canada and ATC personnel, but I doubt it
I'm sure if politicians and civil servants were to loose their jobs
during the economic shutdown there would never be a lock down impose by the government
There are only 3 kind of people in this world
Those that can add and those that can't
Slick Goodlin

vanNostrum wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:04 am
Wondering the same thing about Nav Canada and ATC personnel
Nav Canada is unfortunately shutting down a couple FICs this year and I doubt the folks working there will have any other internal position to go to. Don’t know if that was decided before this pandemic or not.
trey kule

My understanding is Nav Canada is doing layoffs...

I think you are right. If the various civil servants started getting hit with layoffs, the whole lockdown would end.
Alberta politicians all took a pay cut, as did senior administrators. Excellent leadership, even if mostly symbolic. And 11000 potential health workers jobs gone....guess you don’t need them when hospitals are sitting almost empty.
AssassainOne

No layoffs from as far as I know at TC. Heard they have suspend all hiring.