Warren Buffett runs for the door

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Colonel

Billionaire investor Warren Buffett, chairman of Berkshire Hathaway, told shareholders on Saturday that he had sold all of the company’s airline stocks ... all of his stakes in the four largest U.S. airlines

His positions in United, American, Southwest and Delta Airlines were cumulatively worth north of $4 billion.
It's interesting to think what that means.

He feels there is no upside - and it may get worse. Word is that one or two of those names may end up in bankruptcy.

F-35 RCAF will rely on CF-18 and use Australian F-18 aircraft until 2032
Colonel

United Airlines will cut 3,400 non-pilot positions in October, and is likely to lay off
some 30 percent of its 12,000 pilots, according to reports in Reuters.
F-35 RCAF will rely on CF-18 and use Australian F-18 aircraft until 2032
Scudrunner
Site Admin

I think when Air Canada stock hits 2 bucks ill buy 100 shares because its a fun way to lose 200 bucks.
5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
Liquid_Charlie

All those poor bastards just came out of wage restraints from the last trough - ALPA and the other unions will be squealing.
"black air has no lift - extra fuel has no weight"
Chuck Ellsworth

I am doing real well with AMD stock that I bought at $3.27 per share.

Real well. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
David MacRay

Scudrunner wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 4:48 pm
I think when Air Canada stock hits 2 bucks ill buy 100 shares because its a fun way to lose 200 bucks.
That sounds kind of cool. What is it at now? Do they issue certificates anymore or it it just electronic?
Scudrunner
Site Admin

I shorted it down from 30 bucks its about 16 now which is too high

Its all electronic these days
5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
David MacRay

That does not sound as fun. I want certificates.

There is a guy that was at a coin show with old railroad stock certificates for $2. They are void now but back in the day were probably with lots of money. They are pretty neat. I was going to buy one but did not want to be carrying it around, then I forgot.
Eric Janson

I don't think we are anywhere near the bottom of the market yet - lots more down to come imho.

Same with Airlines - once the wage subsidies end there will be mass layoffs imho.

One Airline is only predicting operations at 50% in one year and 3 years for a full recovery. This is the optimistic scenario according to the Airline.

At the moment I'm still employed. I'm looking at things month by month. May is fine and I just heard that June looks good as well. After that is anybody's guess. I'm taking things one flight at at time. Just happy to have a job.

Roster has been cancelled - it's flights or rest/off in a hotel. All meals and laundry paid so no costs. We were told to plan to be away 3 months.

I am doing China flights. We are not allowed to overnight in China so there's a waiver to fly out and back! 6 Pilots - 3 for each sector. Flew Guangzhou - Philadelphia last week. We live on board for 2 days. Started in Montreal. Eastbound around the world!

15+59 and 7548nm. Full fuel. Nice to be flying over Canada again!

Shows what a capable aircraft the A340-300 is.