4 Afterburners and a Formation Roll

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Colonel

[youtube][/youtube]

(Skip to 2:22) edited by Scud to embed video sorry

Over a third of a century later, still cool as fuck.

If you have a sub-woofer, the burners are good.

ScudRunner-d95

Was down in La Jolla California last month with the family, the place I was staying lined up perfectly with the runway at Miramar. Couple times a day I got really pissed off at myself having spent my youth skipping school, drinking and flying not always in that order, one day Ill buy a ride in a fighter jet.
Rookie Pilot

That's not 4. 

This is.

ScudRunner-d95

I recall ramping in YVR during the YXX airshow and the planes would drop by for flybys. The B1 was the show stopper, I had a front row seat on one of PASCOs golf carts at the south terminal. Every car alarm for miles was blaring shook the glass and scared domestic animals for days.

Years later at Flight Safety I met the pilot that did it completely by happen stance while on course in ICT. Love that pilot lounge at the hotel in the parking lot of the airport, you would have to leave by 9 or the bullshit was over your head. 
Colonel

More afterburners is always better afterburners.

There's a trick some fighters could do, which was to dump fuel
then light the burner, and leave a trail in the night sky, certain to
light up the 911 call center.

That's kind of a shitty example of the F-111 doing it.  I'm pretty
certain some MiGs could do it, too.