L2 Taylorcraft Owner Maint...What do you guys think?

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
mcrit

What is the boards opinion of an L2 Taylorcraft for general farting around and potential light aerobatics?  What is the boards opinion of said airplane in the OM category?  Things to look at before committing to a purchase?  Fair price range?

Colonel

I'd get one.  Inspect the wood wing spars and ribs for
cracks and rot, and inspect the lower longerons on the
tube frame fuselage for corrosion.

Basically, it's as good as it's last restoration.  A tube
and fabric aircraft with a Continental, right?
ScudRunner-d95

From what I gather once an aircraft is in owner maintain the value plummets. If you find one already in it and thinks she a good plane and well maintained then giver and don't look back.

praveen4143

Except if it is one of those aircraft that fall into the Cub/Supercub family!  >:D
jump154

Flew one for a while at 3point in Guelph, and it is my favorite aeroplane to fly so far. Great fun flying around the patch low and slow. That one was sold to someone near Winnipeg who was going to put it in OM. Was a sad day, as I've always wished I had the cash to buy it then.
GoBoy

Just remember you cant fly an OM airplane into the US