Membership Drive..

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
esp803

David MacRay wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:28 pm
Interesting, I know it's pretty unlikely, but I hope your book does so well you can buy a nice used motor cycle and maybe even an airplane.
It's a fine art photography book, and the goal is to sell 100 copies. So I don't think a new motorcycle or airplane will be in the picture, but it's a bucket list item. I think I'll exceed my goal, but probably not more than 150 copies, which is fine. The profits (if any) are getting donated to Doctors without borders. I've opted for the self publishing route because as you said, it's unlikely to do well commercially, but the joy the project brought me was worth the effort, regardless of outcome.

E

David MacRay

Nice.
Capn Tripps

Nothing like a bit of spring cleaning to air the bugs out.

Seriously though, I’ll miss the Colonel , but I’m not sure his knowledge and experience entirely made up for the fact he could be a little “off putting” sometimes to put it mildly. I’m sure he’s having fun wherever he is, as I’m also sure he’d be welcomed back.

I’m a member of both forums, and have been for a long time. Haven’t posted to either one in awhile, for different reasons though.

I’m still gainfully employed, mainly because I didn’t listen when everyone told me I should be flying scheds for one major airline or another.

Anyone picked up any new skills or hobbies in the last while?

Cheers!
The Dread Pilot Roberts

I use to think the airlines was my goal then a few layoffs later etc I found my niche. Kind of like being a big fish in a small pond.
Liquid_Charlie

I use to think the airlines was my goal then a few layoffs later etc I found my niche. Kind of like being a big fish in a small pond.
I don't know how many young pilots I have mentioned this to but they have their heads filled with the koolaide fed to them by these schools.

There are so many great options out there with good earning potential and lot less chance of furloughs.

I was at the pole with a hawker and the Russians were there with the AN74 and gave the group a little bit of an air show. They had a 1000m strip on the ice. We took the party group(yup there was a party at the pole, well close to the pole since on the ice you are only at the pole when it chooses to float in that direction) from Iqaluit to the pole and back.

Far bigger adventure for me than going to Paris, although been there too. :mrgreen:

Polar Bridge Expedition
"black air has no lift - extra fuel has no weight"
Scudrunner
Site Admin

Just looking at the stats, since mid January 2021 we have attracted 11 new members.

For context in 2020 after the new forum integration (skews my data) we attracted only 9 active members.

Welcome all!
5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
Liquid_Charlie

The game's a-foot -- haha "blocked IP" you're a bad boy notice next door -- VPN took care of that. Was I blocked by a "bot" or is there a " warm body" involved. Pretty lame either way. I could be a past IP block but I doubt it since I have changed providers although starlink spoof their servers to show winnipeg, all that xborder copyright shit i guess.

For those familiar with NWO for whatever reason my location shows as Pikangikum -- lmfaooooooo -- I stopped stalking teachers and nurses there back in the late 60's -- damn deja vu :mrgreen:
"black air has no lift - extra fuel has no weight"
David MacRay

Scud, we need to get one of these, don't you think?
Liquid_Charlie wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:38 pm

I bet it would attract all the extra members.
Scudrunner
Site Admin

Might be able to pitch in for some gas !
5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
David MacRay

Darn it, new members and extra ads, you are supposed to be a billionaire like Joe now.

I watched Operation Odessa. We needed to go to one of those little countries just after the Soviet Union broke up. Could have bought airplanes for a massive bargain.

Unfourtunately too many people have visited those places and they know what planes are worth now.