Time to Expand Billy Bishop YTZ

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
CaptNerdly

Scudrunner wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:52 pm
Are the Dash 8 not louder than the C-Series ?

Maybe Porter should hire someone with a 185 to depart right at 6am every day for a year.
Norseman. kill em with the noise!

anofly

I have not seen a floatplane there in years now.. on the water, not even sure they still have a dock! a few amphibs about.
god knows what a dolly into the water is worth there now... or if anyone has the skill...
Colonel

Near me, Laguna Seca has a dB meter, I think on turn 5.

You can take the Star Ship Enterprise around the track there (if you pass tech) as long as you remember to lift by the meter.

This is the 21st century, you know. If noise was really the problem there (it isn’t) a recording dB meter (or two) would solve the problem, with an exponentially increasing schedule of fines as the dB increased.

One MILLION dollars for 170 dB!

PS don’t tell the morons to put it on top of the tower. I want a flunkie to put a bucket over it when I take off.
mcrit

The problem at YTZ is that a number of very rich and politically active individuals live on Toronto Island between the Airport and the Easter Gap. These are the same group that got a popular outdoor night club (The Docks) across the harbour from closed down for making too much noise.
Colonel

Not sure that either Toronto or North Korea are great places to choose to live, at least if you’re not a Kommisar.
mcrit

Ontario is just fucking sad. Homeless everywhere. It wasn’t like that ten years ago when I left. The amount of taxes we pay, there ought to be shelter for these people. Somebody has been engaging in fuckery, and I suspect the time is coming where we are all going to pay for it.