Top Gun: Maverick

Flying Tips and Advice from The Colonel!
dumbbell daddy

Just watched it with the wife. Thought it was awesome. The last half hour though……pure Hollywood. I told the wife she better look like Jennifer Connelly when she’s 50 or I’m trading her in for 2x25 year old’s. Didn’t go over very well……lol

Colonel

I was really impressed by Jennifer Connelly‘s cosmetic surgery.

Most women go the quick and cheap botox and filler route, but they all end up looking like the offspring of Catwoman and Daffy Duck.

No, she had some very expensive and expert and painful surgical work done on her face and neck. Plus she starves herself.

BTW I am surrounded by millions of aging women with a lot of money. Filling up the Hayabusa yesterday at the gas station, the vehicle next to me was a Bentley SUV driven by a woman who could have been 20 or 70.

Someone that buys a new Bentley doesn’t sweat $100k in elective surgery. The guys in Palo Alto are booked solid.
Colonel

Also. Skin cancer and sun damage are a real problem as you get older. Goldie Hawn is the poster child for that.

There are all sorts of really advanced laser technologies that exist down here that simply don’t exist in Canada, which are generations ahead.

Not covered by your HMO but in addition to getting rid of future skin cancer, the skin looks very youthful.

Again, the ladies driving the Aston Martin SUV’s don’t mind paying for that.

Reminds me. Talked to some Canadians recently and I mentioned Jordan Peterson. They said who? I am not kidding. I couldn’t believe it. Anyways JP says the biggest problem 30 year old women have is 25 year old women.
dumbbell daddy

Yeah it doesn’t look like she’s had much at all but when you look closely and compare pictures……

I can imagine the interesting characters you see driving around different parts of California.
Colonel

The very best surgery is when you can’t tell she’s had any!

IMHO she had a facelift, a necklift, botox and maybe some frame-by-frame photoshopping done in that movie.

There are some very good cutters in LA. One of the best boob doctors around here is Canadian!
mcrit

Spoiler alert.

They should have ended it when Mav got shot down. Send him off as a hero who atoned for Goose's death by getting killed saving Goose's son. That would have been epic. Way better than riding some clapped out old chick off into the sunset and looking after another guy's snotty teenage offspring....
Colonel

Hey. At least he retired an Ace. Not a lot of those.

The authorities can take away your qualifications but they can never take away your experience and accomplishments and knowledge and skill.

Right Arlo? Hope your kids liked my laptop and phone. On the subject of taking things away :^)
TundraTire

Colonel wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:40 am
Hey. At least he retired an Ace. Not a lot of those.

The authorities can take away your qualifications but they can never take away your experience and accomplishments and knowledge and skill.

Right Arlo? Hope your kids liked my laptop and phone. On the subject of taking things away :^)
"Ooh ooh, make another thread about me!"

-AB
Colonel

Let me guess. You celebrated yesterday that your army beat the shit out of the peaceful protesters in Ottawa who dared to disagree on policy with your Cuban dictator.

What a stain on you and your country.
TundraTire

Better than getting shot for putting too much mayo on a Subway sandwich.