Brazilian C130 Landing "mishap"

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
TundraTire

Conditions don't look that bad, horizon is visible, viz is reasonable.

However, it looks like the threshold wasn't marked very well.  No sign of garbage bags or anything, and maybe some snow drifted over whatever they had used.

red_shiny_ribbon

Ahhh, another master race friend. You must understand my frustration with tthe bafoons at tc then.
Trey Kule

Red, if I may use that familiarity,
You have shown me the light.  I was totally turned around.  Thank you.

I am totally on board now.  Going to go on trade a plane and the controller and buy a pitts. Cause, you know, I want to be a better pilot.  Zero zero short field landings are my goal.

One thing though.  I really do not like wearing a hood or foggles.  Instead, Could I just close my eyes for last two hundred feet of the approach? From what I read there are pilots here that can do that in a Pitts...blindfolded, after coming out of a loop with a dead engine. Something, if TC cared at all, would be a mandatory test exercise.
Chuck Ellsworth

[quote]Ahhh, another master race friend. [/quote]

No I am not " another master race " I am a retired professional pilot who worked hard for the qualifications I earned during my fifty two years flying for a living.

For those of you who read these forums and want a career in aviation you can succeed as long as you remember aviation is really unforgiving of those who are not able to think before acting.

However with the right attitude and the willingness to learn for as long as you fly it can be a very rewarding career, both personally and financially.

Colonel

[youtube][/youtube]

[img width=500 height=171][/img]

[youtube][/youtube]

Hell, any TC Inspector can do that.  Ask him to show you.
Trey Kule

Really?  Any TC inspector?

It is equally important that just because we are super profecient in one area of aviation we do not attribute to ourselves expertise in all areas.
Colonel

I couldn't have said it better myself!

Here's what happens when an airline pilot tries to fly a Pitts:

[youtube][/youtube]

He actually crapped on me on the interwebs, and then he did that.

Here's another four-bars:

Four Bars

Quite the show that ST puts on. All I could think of was hemmorhoids and aneurysms while I watching it, must be advancing age.
Colonel

Sean is no spring chicken, either.  He's turning 65 this year.

PS  I'm hoping Arlo doesn't notice that Sean did acro through
a cloud layer in that video, or he's in big trouble!
red_shiny_ribbon

My apologies, even supreme pilots like myself need sleep every once in a while. I'm sure you know what i'm talking about Chuck.

Trey, i'm glad you have seen the light and are making steps to becoming one of us, a pilot god! The only thing I would add to your suggestions is to make it an outside loop, any two bit chump can do a normal loop. But not TC chumps, I bet they don't even know what rudders are for.  Those experts at TC are just like many of the places in Africa I've been to, no different. I'm sure United Fruit is here somewhere, godamn bananas.

I never understood what good the hood or foggles do, back in my day when it didn't take me 2 hours to take a piss we didn't use that shit. Mind you planes were falling out of the sky every other minutes, but who cares, it builds character.