Brazilian C130 Landing "mishap"

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Liquid Charlie

Trolling is alive and well  >:D

[img]http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam ... 0_full.jpg[/img]

Trey Kule

I personally blame TC for not having one iPnspector capable of 0/0 landings and take offs. Maybe if they had 1000 hours on a pitts they'd be better pilots.

1000 hours in a pitts should make them great pilots flying a Pitts.  Not so much a C130. In these condtions. What TC has do do with this accident eludes me.

Cat:  my comment was in reference to the implied claim that the Brazillian airforce does not teach their pilots zero/zero landings.  And this was not one, so it has even less relevance.    Training is always a good idea, but like the man with a hammer who sees a world of nails, some instructor types would have us spend our entire careers training.  And forget that there just might be a difference in how a C130 is flown compared to a 1500 pound piston aircraft.

I suspect that there are hundreds of retired pilots out there who had an accident free career and never were inverted in an airplane.  We focus on that very small minority who do as if they are the majority.
red_shiny_ribbon

Flying a pitts automatically makes you proficient on anything fixed wing, I guess you wouldn't know. Everything is TC's fault, we live in a banana republic don't you know?

Those dumb pilots need more time in tail draggers before they attempt to land in the Antarctic with a C-130 again. But I bet none of their inspectors can demonstrate three different landings on the pitts, let alone consider letting people learn 0/0 landings.
red_shiny_ribbon

Of course Im butthurt, those bastards at TC want to bring me down because I have too many shiny planes, and they can't even fly a tail dragger let alone a pitts as good as me!! Just try asking them about deep learning or quantum computing, please let me know what they say.

I'm not Bob Hoover, I can just pack and move to australia to fly, do they even ave pitts down there?

forget about ever being able to do 0/0 landings down there.
Chuck Ellsworth

What is your opinion on training pilots to take off and land simulating 0/0 red-shiny?
red_shiny_ribbon

I think Im pretty clear on that subject. They should be able to take off and landing in 0/0 simultaneously, only then should TC contemplate hiring them as inspectors. They must also be able to fly a pitts to qualify, how dare they be inspectors and not fly pitts? Banana fucking republic i tell ya! 
Chuck Ellsworth

I thought I would get an answer that would add some professionalism to this site red-shiny, however if you do not understand what professionalism is you can be forgiven.
red_shiny_ribbon

I guess you're not a pitts pilot, you can be forgiven.
Chuck Ellsworth

[quote]I guess you're not a pitts pilot, you can be forgiven.[/quote]

You are wrong.

I was an airdisplay pilot in Europe for eight years for The French Flying Legends and of course the Pitts Special was one of the many airplanes we flew in the European air  show circuit.

You can save yourself further embarrassment if you do some research before you comment.