3m car wrap film on fuselage

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Colonel

What did Bob Hoover and Melissa do, to deserve
their punishment?

You've probably never heard of Bob Hoover, but
two FAA Inspectors colluded to file two reports
to "bring down Bob".  They would be heroes amongst
the other inspectors.

Bob was fucked.  He went to Australia and flew.

You probably don't remember, but it took the fucking
US Congress, the fucking US Senate, and fucking F.
Lee Bailey to pressure the FAA for evidence of their
fucking bogus diagnosis of "cognitive dissonance"
of Bob, which was their excuse for pulling his medical.

It was a fucking miracle!  The FAA could not provide
any evidence, and their decision was reversed.

Now, not all of us have Congressmen and Senators
and F. Lee Bailey to hold the scummy bureaucrat's
feet to the fire.

The rest of us just get fucked.

And you think we should [b]like [/b]you for it?

You remind me of a motorcycle gang, that gang-rapes
a woman, then can't understand why they she doesn't
like them afterwards.

Are you fucking kidding me?

Actually, comparing TC to a motorcycle gang is quite
an insult to motorcycle gangs.  I know a few Hell's
Angel's and they are technically and ethically head
and shoulders above a TC Inspector.  And they don't
even feed at the government trough.

Chuck Ellsworth

John S.

Both Andy and myself have documented what T.C. did to us.

Neither of us really care what others think because the facts can not be changed.

We do however think we should inform others in Canadian aviation just how the upper management in T.C. works and how uncountable they are for their actions.

Canada is no different than any other third world country I have lived and worked in, in fact in many ways it is worse.

Colonel

Being disliked by TC is akin to being disliked by Miley Cyrus.

[img width=500 height=334]http://www.gloutir.com/wp-content/uploa ... dson06.jpg[/img]

Why on earth would you care?
John Swallow

Chuck:
Thanks for a cogent, rational response. It’s what I would expect from you.  I sympathize with the time it took for you to get resolution, but I must disagree about Canada being a third world country.  I have had a great career in aviation and an excellent life here in the frozen north. 
John Swallow

Cap’n Andy:
It’s obvious that this discussion is going nowhere.

However, Bob Hoover:  yes, met him and saw his show.  Either in ’66 or ’67 when we did the airshow in Abbotsford. If not there, then in the States when we did several shows in the south.

Where have I been for 20 years?  Well, for the last 12, I’ve been retired; prior to that I was gainfully employed with a largish company in the Maritimes.  I was proud to work for Transport Canada from ’86 – ’90 as an Inspector in Air Regulation.  Did some good and had fun.  One of the “cowardly fat fucks” (as you so eloquently put it) was a former leader of the Golden Hawks.  Maybe not quite to your standard, but I liked him.  He went on to become Chief Pilot for Air Atlantic.

I still don’t know what in hell you did to invoke the ire of Enforcement, and at this point, I guess it doesn’t matter. 

ScudRunner-d95

[quote author=Tailwind W10 link=topic=5439.msg14149#msg14149 date=1485094047]
[quote author=ScudRunner link=topic=5439.msg14133#msg14133 date=1485031171]
Well done, the Sea Fury is one of my all time favorites...
[/quote]

I don't know what airplane you're referring to, Rare Bear started life as a Grumman F8F-2 Bearcat.

[url=http://www.lewisairlegends.com/aircraft/rare-bear]http://www.lewisairlegends.com/aircraft/rare-bear[/url]

Yeah, I like the Sea Fury as well.  ;)

Gerry
[/quote]

dam should have known with the name rare bear duh! Took a look at that cowl and spinner and just thought Sea Fury.

[center][color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Save[/color][/center]
ScudRunner-d95

[quote author=John Swallow link=topic=5439.msg14138#msg14138 date=1485051684]
Admin:  sorry about the thread drift; you can shut it down if you like...

[/quote]

I don't typically shut down threads unless something really goes off the rails, most of the time threads work themselves out after much chaff is exchanged. However the saying "taker out side boys comes to mind"

I appreciate you being on the forum, with your experience from the regulatory side of the industry I know many on here will gain some insights.

So if you all wish you could chat about the threads topic or how Scud can't spot a Bearcat or a Sea fury............
ScudRunner-d95

[quote author=ScudRunner link=topic=5439.msg14081#msg14081 date=1484878304]
[quote author=DeflectionShot link=topic=5439.msg14065#msg14065 date=1484850354]
First time I've heard that people use Bondo on airplanes. Is that a common practice for homebuilts?
[/quote]

Back when I was bush flying in the Islander on landing I flung a rock at the tail (or so I figured) anyway that or years of flying around and many landings later dislodged a chunk of bondo at least 6 inches long and 3 deep out of the leading edge of the horizontal stab. I called the boss and since he owned the plane (8 years) it was never damaged nor was there anything in the maintenance log going back as far as he had records for which was about 20 years.

So this chunk of bondo lasted for (maybe) 20 years getting the crap knocked out of it before it failed. Now if this was a kosher repair or if its used as a legal repair I cannot speak to that. 
[/quote]

Found the Picture

Found the picture [img width=500 height=375]wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Tail-of-Islander.jpg[/img]
John Swallow

...with your experience from the regulatory side of the industry...

SR:  I really only had five years in Air Regulation out of nearly seven decades in aviation.  I left TC to go back to industry because I got tired of sitting in "the other seat".

Regarding your picture, the "fix" probably didn't cause any problems because was in the stabilizer?

On the RV-7 and -7A,  the elevators have lead weights which make the elevator "nose heavy".  Material is drilled out the weight until the elevator balances nicely...

There is a video available (from one of the companies involved in the process, I think) that shows the procedure...  I think it an interesting option, but it wasn't available when I had my aircraft painted.

J

ScudRunner-d95

happy to have you here

Yes it was on the horizontal stab, I had flown it for the previous two years never felt any different before or after we had it repaired.

Shocked the hell out of me when I hopped up on the wing to fuel and looked back.  :D