San Diego Plane Rentals

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
DeflectionShot

Can anyone here recommend a good place to rent a C172 in San Diego? I want do an air tour for a couple of hours (with an instructor, I'm told the VFR air space is complicated).

Nark1

I'd look at MYF schools.  Better bang for your buck.
I used fly out of both MYF and SEE.

Find a CFI that has flown the VFR transition, you get close to downtown.  Also be mindful of when you're doing this, if the Padres or chargers are playing, there are TFRs which shut down the transitions. 

Be sure to also to include the beach route as part of your tour.
David MacRay

I would have one for LA area but sadly not Sandiego. Post a good report after. Even though I'm all washed up and should get a real job, that is one of my favorite things to do. Both times I was lucky to have great instructors with excellent local knowledge.

Google the schools and you get a bit of a feel. If they suck it usually results in lots of Internet complaining. Sometimes there will be bitching for no reason but sometimes it's because they are bluebird.