Pitts crankcase breather tube hole drilling

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
David MacRay

I have seen those panel pictures before. They're good ones. The tail wheel picture might be new to me. It's ok too.

Colonel

Shiny said a while back that my life was boring
and that I needed better pictures.  This took me
by surprise, as it was slightly different than the
usual attacks I got on the other website for my
photos.

With that in mind, here's one for you:

[img width=500 height=374][/img]

Some very tasty creme brulee from lunch the
other day. 

Hopefully this picture doesn't get the haters
panties in a bunch like my other photos.  I
suspect the AvCan experts have very strong
opinions about dessert preparation, when in
fact I suspect they are in need of Preparation H.

Would this be my "Third Strike!"  ?

[img width=500 height=319][/img]
Colonel

Hey!  I finally figured it out.  Carol got kicked off AvCan, too:

[img width=500 height=333]http://www.airshowmag.com/asb/2016%20Ga ... alking.JPG[/img]

Ok, it's not a Pitts, but it's a biplane, and the pilot's
dead now, and he was an ok guy.  I liked him.

Maybe this picture will be good enough for Shiny?
David MacRay

I don't think shiny has any pull over there but it's nice you want to switch up the photo album for us. Variety is the spice of life. He's just cranky when he's low on coffee.

Who was Carol over at AvCan?

I find it interesting I never really even got in trouble over there. Worst thing that happened to me was mods deleted or altered some posts, the annoying part was the way they did it anonymously and gave no reason.

A few members howled if I posted off topic, a few others howled when I posted on topic. Tough crowd.

If I go on there I get data from something called betrad.com, I had anti virus warnings go off and sometimes my router firewall would get clogged so we needed to unplug it to get the internet back. I had posted a thread to discuss issues like that and it was deleted instead of discussed. I thought, "Huh, if they don't want to fix something possibly viral, or even talk about it. That's not the sort of place I should be exposing my old devices to." One of the scariest things was when Google gave warnings.

Since I'm so far off topic I guess I'll say, I'm not a big dessert guy. In September I cut my portions to less than half of the food I was eating last year and the results make me angry. My stomach capacity has shrank noticeably and my metabolism is ruined. I lost some weight initially then last month regained some. Currently ten pounds seems to come and go, frustrating. I quit pizza for a while and that's not cool. I had pizza yesterday and oh my, I am an addict.  :(
David MacRay

Sort of back on topic, I still have fond memories of a picture of the extended range tank digits put in the rental plane he flew to the pole. My favorite parts of that trip story was a few people responding with, "You can't do that." Then he just politely did it.
Colonel

TC once called the FAA and had them fly an FAA Inspector
to the ramp at Key West, so when my father and I landed
on our way back from doing Central America airshows, TC
could fuck us over because they didn't like our major mod
paperwork that we had filed on the tanks.

That little TC love tap cost me $6,000 to sort out.  Had
to bring a Canadian AME to Key West to restore the aircraft
to stock and fly them back in one hour hops.  A decrease
in safety, but hey, that's what TC does.

My fans at TC still have my laptop and iphone that they
stole a year ago.  They just can't get over being who they are.

TC works very hard to lower the level of aviation safety.

One of the most dangerous things I have ever done in
an aircraft was that at an airshow, TC would not let us
fly in formation.  I guess they don't think I fly formation
very well, compared to them.  So we ended up doing head-on
passes, out of visual, with 800 knots closure.  Dangerous
as hell.  I should have just gone home and bailed on the
show, after TC screwed it up.  Live and learn.

In retrospect, I couldn't help but wonder if TC was intentionally
trying to engineer a nasty accident, to justify all their bizarre
behaviour, for all these years.
ScudRunner-d95

Always have a soft spot for the Pitts maybe because I grew up watching my dad fly one..

He's the one in orange, must have been the mid to late 80's.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David MacRay

The only good part of that story, is it triggered "Key West Charter Fishing" ads.

On the way home from Washington DC. We were stopped for fuel at a nice quiet airport somewhere between Alberta and Iowa. A really nice black and white Pitts came along did a special circuit then landed. My dad said something about maybe I should get one of those. I thought it would certainly be fun but, and especially at that moment, what I really liked was the trip we were on.
digits

[quote author=David MacRay link=topic=5380.msg13889#msg13889 date=1484404214]
Sort of back on topic, I still have fond memories of a picture of the extended range tank digits put in the rental plane he flew to the pole. My favorite parts of that trip story was a few people responding with, "You can't do that." Then he just politely did it.
[/quote]

Allegedly of course.

You made me read back my first plans for that one: [url=http://www.pprune.org/private-flying/44 ... -pole.html]http://www.pprune.org/private-flying/44 ... -pole.html[/url]
Funny how you'll see some familiar names pop up on the nay sayer side of things there hehe. Too bad the nastiest posts have been removed as soon as they had been proven wrong lol.
David MacRay

Thanks for that link. I don't remember if I read that one before. I think I may have but being on pprune, I might not. At least one naysayer makes me think they never left the circuit. Obviously this is no simple thing, yet through thorough planing and being a little cautious about weather...

I never read about that gent Walter doing it in 2010, so if I had read that thread I missed it. The extra insurance and back up rescue stuff was a good call by him. I wonder who the Boston company would have physically sent? Interesting stuff.

Edit: Ok, I'm further in and I never read this thread. The guy that drove to Siagon from London. That's pretty cool.

I don't think I could sit for the 12 hours required to make the trip.

Then there was this guy. [quote= https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Pole ]On 21 April 1987 Shinji Kazama of Japan became the first person to reach the North Pole on a motorcycle.[/quote]