We can't let this happen.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Trey Kule

I have been flying for 50 years now.  Absolutely no idea of how much IMC time I have.  It is not a number that interests me or any of the regulators .  Every six months we get recertified current in training and off we go.. 
None of us old guys ever exaggerated anything when we were younger to fit in with the crowd...Right?
Or made a stupid , immature comment...like " I'm taking bets"

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.

I think Rookie has made some good points, and it might be worthwhile for mods and some posters to consider them rather than marganilize the poster themself.

David MacRay

"get into it."? I don't remember giving Strega grief. What was the topic?
Colonel

I was pulling your leg and it came off in my hand
ScudRunner-d95

[quote author=Trey Kule link=topic=5301.msg13642#msg13642 date=1483720334]
I think Rookie has made some good points, and it might be worthwhile for mods and some posters to consider them rather than marganilize the poster themself.

[/quote]

Only one Mod here (and a Sheriff) on here, I like Rookie he's very welcome here and yes he does make some good points. Everyone has their opinions and we are all equally able to post them on our site without fear of censorship.
BCPilotguy

Who gives a shit what anyone on Avcanada has to say?  For a website that came into existence so people wouldn't have to deal with Avcanada there seems to be a lot of chatter about what so and so on Avcanada said.

Let's do our own thing and leave them to do theirs. 
ScudRunner-d95

[quote author=BCPilotguy link=topic=5301.msg13652#msg13652 date=1483741019]
Who gives a shit what anyone on Avcanada has to say?  For a website that came into existence so people wouldn't have to deal with Avcanada there site seems to be a lot of chatter about what so and so on Avcanada said.

Let's do our own thing and leave them to do theirs.
[/quote]

Amen!
Rookie Pilot

Don't worry about me. I was a pit trader at one time where we made our money screaming prices at each other, occasionally getting verbally nasty. Sometimes physically nasty. Strega would have wet his Huggies in that environment.  Lots of guys didn't last long. Had to find a safe place. Those were the days.

BTW that's where the Rookie handle came from, cause I came on the pit and was so agressive.  Riled some feathers, but hey. Had a family to feed.

But anyway, I suspect just a tad that to broaden the appeal of this toddler level site, some people of a gentler nature Might want to see content beyond,

Rants about TC,
Rants about other site,
Rants about lousy pilots and training out there,
Stregas cross dressing habits.  LOL

Gets rather repetitive and boring. Rather hear chucks stories about fighting snake stowaways in Africa.

Just a theory from someone who lives and breathes business. Advice worth what you paid!

Good luck -- the Rookie

ScudRunner-d95

Pit trader eh ? sorry your job was taken over by a computer always thought that would be a hell of gig.
Rookie Pilot

[quote author=ScudRunner link=topic=5301.msg13659#msg13659 date=1483746986]
Pit trader eh ? sorry your job was taken over by a computer always thought that would be a hell of gig.
[/quote]

It was -- but as an independent, it's always been my own business, not a job. So, I successfully transitioned.  Still going....
Chuck Ellsworth

We will get along just fine Rookie because we are both thick skinned.

As to writing stories I started writing short stories about fifteen years ago to pass time when I was overseas killing time between flights.

However since Penny died I have just not been able to get back in the groove writing wise.

Maybe someday I will get back at it.

For sure there were enough exciting close calls over the years to keep me busy for a long time.

By the way the most frightening flying I ever did was in the Sahara Desert during the Harmattan sand storms...they made the Arctic storms look like child's play....and I did a lot of flying in the Arctic in the DC3's I have over 5000 hours in the fuckin things.