Aerosucre Colombia Boeing 727 Crashing on Take Off (Video)

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
vanNostrum

[quote author=ScudRunner link=topic=5176.msg13260#msg13260 date=1482375081]
my bad, was late and all jacked up on flu meds
[/quote]

^-^  No sweat a lot of news outlets make that mistake
Reminds me of CTV News saying that John Glenn was the first human to orbit Earth
Surprise that with their leftist spin to the news they forgot Kamarade Yuri Gagarin who completed a full orbit about one year before Glenn

ScudRunner-d95

[img][/img]
vanNostrum

Read on a Colombian newspaper comments made by the director of Civil Aviation there:

" First impressions indicate that the pilot did not deal properly with the tail wind"
" Coincidently  on the day of the accident the Regulator was inspecting the offices of the cargo company and found nothing irregular"

Caramba ,why do I feel uneasy about this comment?
The FDR and CVR were found but not data available at least for few weeks, however doesn't stop the government
agency  from blaming the pilot before the investigation is done and seems to prepare the road to exonerate the Company

Aerosucre has crashed 11 times since 1969 ,this is the third 72, 30 people have died
It has developed a reputation for systematic violation of safety rules ,of abuse and cohertion towards its employees
Life  seems  to be cheap for this company but doubt anything will change

Liquid Charlie

Ya got to remember that south america is like the wild west - only rules are, that there are no rules.  B[b][color=rgb(106, 106, 106)][font=arial][size=small]ureaucracy[/size][/font][/color][/b] is not there to enforce the rules but to collect the graft. Been there done that!!!  ;D
Colonel

[quote]south america is like the wild west[/quote]

I know.  Isn't it great?

[img width=500 height=375][/img]

A real [i]basket of deplorable[/i]s, there.
vanNostrum

Born and raised there, took my first flying lesson on a 47 Champ out of a grass strip
There are regulations, enforcement is the problem.....
Got some wild west stories about flying there but South American women
makes it all worth it :)
pdw

[quote]Caramba[/quote]

The "inspecting" (a threat to management) in progress, can be a distraction so that they miss something they'd otherwise have their eye on. The "offices" is where the weather info would come from .. or where the noise abatement decisions are discussed/decided for taking off the other way.

Eric Janson

[quote author=pdw link=topic=5176.msg13331#msg13331 date=1482579869]
The "inspecting" (a threat to management) in progress, can be a distraction so that they miss something they'd otherwise have their eye on. The "offices" is where the weather info would come from .. or where the noise abatement decisions are discussed/decided for taking off the other way.
[/quote]

There are multiple videos of similar take-offs where they just got away with it. This was their "normal" operation. There is no way to calculate figures for this kind of take-off.

Performance charts don't exist for these kinds of take-off so a small tailwind component would make the difference between a successful take-off and a crash (the videos show the aircraft only a few feet higher on the successful take-offs).

The crash video appears to show the aircraft airborne in ground effect with barely enough speed to fly.