Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
BCPilotguy

I stayed at the Red Lion a couple years ago.  I wouldn't necessarily call it a great place to stay, but it was fine and had free breakfast.

David MacRay

If the BBQ place is still in Mcminvillle the closest town definately eat there at least once if you like meat.

Spend the $20 to go inside the flying boat. I have a picture of my family in the cockpit with myself in the pilot position.

We bought a years pass and I spent three days wandering the two museums. Wife and kids raved about the water park.
John Swallow

Concur with BCPilot guy.  Stayed there several years ago as part of a bus tour to take in Reno Air Races.
BCPilotguy

[quote author=David MacRay link=topic=4389.msg11591#msg11591 date=1475155892]
Spend the $20 to go inside the flying boat. I have a picture of my family in the cockpit with myself in the pilot position.
[/quote]

That's definitely worth the money.  I even got to wear Howard Hughes' hat.  His head was much smaller than mine.
ScudRunner-d95

Can't help with place to stay as I flew into Portland on a charter and then ripped the rental car down there to check it out. I would pony up the dough and do the full tour of the spruce goose, the cockpit tour is awesome but there is another where you get to walk down the wings and really check it out.

Only thing I didn't like was the owner of the museum (owner of Evergreen) his son was a F15 pilot in the USAF and was killed in a car accident and there are all these tributes around the museum to his son. Don't get me wrong im not a heartless bastard and can not imagine his grief but I think it was a little over the top. Its made out as if his kid was a hero and pioneer of aviation.

Anyway well worth it