New Cessna Single

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
vanNostrum

Numbers are very close to the PC 12,  even the looks
and a GE engine to compete with the PT6

[url=http://cessna.txtav.com/en/turboprop/denali#overview]http://cessna.txtav.com/en/turboprop/denali#overview[/url]

BCPilotguy

Perhaps someone should tell Cessna that the PC-12 has already been done and perhaps they should come up with their own idea. 

I do like the idea of having the shitter at the back, less stink for those doing the driving.  Seems like it would negatively impact on cargo space though.  One of my lottery winner dreams is a PC-12 with a ramp so I can run my motorcycle in and out of the back to get around at my destination.  I'm not sure there would be room for it in the back of the Cessna PC-12.
vanNostrum

I get one when they come with a parachute
ScudRunner-d95

Hmm usually its the Chinese or the Russians stealing designs
Liquid Charlie

[quote][font=Verdana][size=2px]I get one when they come with a parachute[/size][/font][/quote] -- indeed
Slick Goodlin

[quote author=Shiny link=topic=3857.msg10413#msg10413 date=1471016511]
I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the single engine King Air concept that was floated a little while ago. Perhaps it was re-branded as a Cessna product now that Textron owns Beechcraft?
[/quote]
Something like that.  One of the recent announcements was that Textron had decided to sell it under the Cessna brand, which kind of implies if they have more than one engineering department those guys at least share a lot.

As far as I know, this thing is a bit of a parts bin special.  The fuselage is modified from the Beech Premier jet and likely keeps as much of the same cockpit as they can get away with.  I believe it has a new wing and of course someone had to figure out how to stick an engine where a radome once lived but by and large this thing is made up of proven parts and systems, or at least that's what the early concept called for.

It will be interesting to see how this airplane stacks up against the PC-12 or TBM or whatever market they pursue.  Being new I would think they would have had the opportunity to learn from any shortcomings of the competition.