Red Bull Air Race

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
BCPilotguy

I'm in Indianapolis right now for the Red Bull Air Race on Saturday and Sunday.  I after landing at Eagle Creek Airpark yesterday and parking just down from Pete McLeod's Cessna 414, I poked my head in a hangar and saw this:

[img width=500 height=375]https://s18.postimg.org/h5n5jo4jt/20160929_185640.jpg[/img]

I went over to the track today to pick up my tickets and saw Nigel Lamb, Pete McLeod, and a couple others I didn't recognize practicing on the race course with Chuck Aaron's BO-105 overhead filming.  I heard them too, those Lycoming Thunderbolts hooked to Hartzell Claw propellers doing what they are meant to do make a wonderfully loud noise that can be heard inside a car from a few miles away.  The racecourse is compact and includes a vertical turn that looks damn tight. 

Needless to say I'm pretty stoked for the next two days of action.  I've been following the Red Bull Air Races for years and I'm really looking forward to being able to finally see them in person. 

Cdnpilot77

I was fortunate to receive weekend passes to the high flyers lounge courtesy of Audi to the 2009 races in Windsor. It is a complete spectacle and the high flyers lounge was incredible first class treatment. 

You'll love it, enjoy the weekend!