Good Aircraft Upholstery Shops YYC or YVR area

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
ScudRunner-d95

Dads looking at redoing his interior on his Piper Arrow any recommendations for such a service. Could be out of YYC (Area) to save the PST......

Colonel

Labor costs will eat you alive.  If possible, do
it yourself and save $$$.  Doesn't even need a
signature:

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/r ... a-2458.htm

[quote](14) repair of upholstery, trim and cabin furnishings;[/quote]
ScudRunner-d95

Ya he got one quote and it came in around 10K which was a bit of shock, so thought I would help the cause and shop around a bit. Some parts of the job are easy so might just what he can and the rest at a shop.
Tailwind W10

KitPlanes had a 3 part article back in 2010 on doing upholstery.  I found it quite informative and promted me to ebay a decent sewing machine and do the seats in my homebuilt.

If you're interested look up Mike Manning articles on their website, though I suspect you need to be a subsciber.  If you're (he's) ineterested let me know and I'll download or scan the articles and send 'em to you.

Gerry
Colonel

[url=http://www.airtexinteriors.com]www.airtexinteriors.com[/url]

[quote]For 66 years, Airtex has been providing quality aircraft interiors that owners can install themselves.[/quote]

Not dirt cheap, but when you are done, it will look like new.
Four Bars

Add in my endorsement for Airtex.
I've had an upholstery shop do an interior in our Skyhawk,  a local professional do the cushions for The Dog Ship and I used an Airtex kit for the Cardinal.
I think it turned out the best.
And they were good to deal with( within minutes of hitting the "Order" icon, they phoned me and wanted a cellphone picture of the underside of a front seat) and the two, big boxes arrived sooner than expected, with bags of hog rings and the pliers to squeeze them up. Even armrest covers were included.