Nav Canada Fee

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
GoBoy

Unbelievably , I have been contacted by a lawyer on behalf of Nav Can .
They informed me that I owe Nav Canada money
The amount 85.07 which is for 2015  ::)
I said to the lawyer " Seriously , for a 1.5 months past due , they have you collecting for them ? . She said that Nav Can has forwarded all their outstanding accounts to their firm "
I know people that have not paid in 3-4 yrs that have never had this happen but maybe thats part of the problem . Maybe so many people are refusing to pay, they need a law firm to collect.

Colonel

[quote]I have been contacted by a lawyer on behalf of Nav Can[/quote]

Yeah, me too.
Barneydhc82

NavCan billed me for services as well even though my Grumman has been in long term storage for 2 years..  I refused to pay for not using their services and eventually they backed off..  The flunkie demanded a copy of the AAIR (TCCA Annual report) and again I refused.

I informed the "person" on the other end that my signed affidavit  was good enough..take it or leave it.
David MacRay

Sorry to read your yellow Grumman is not flying Barney. It always looked great in the pictures you posted.
ScudRunner-d95

wow not sure what law firm they are using, but any firm worth their salts hourly lawyer rate is north of $200 and thats for the most junior freshly called to the bar peon.

Most likely its an articling  student, so when they call again ask when they where called to the bar, if he hasn't demand that he has the senior lawyer on the file to contact you and keep them on the phone as long as possible.

Get at least a 0.5 billed to Nav Canada for your moneys worth.