Non Aviation Related Buying a Used Car

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
vanNostrum

I'm looking for a 2 or 3 yrs old car/small crossover/wagon .
In times past I used to read Lemonade ,avoid buying a Pinto and I was OK , the slant 6 on my Dart went over 200 K Miles with no problems just had a spare ballast in the glove compartment
Now I been going to Trudelta.com Carcomplaints.com, JD Powell and  Edmonds  trying to get some info on used  cars reliability
So far no luck , all these sites seem to have very different  and conflictive results when it comes to assessing the same  particular Make/Model
Any suggestions for a reliable source of info on used cars?

pdw

[quote author=vanNostrum link=topic=3418.msg9569#msg9569 date=1466552468]
I'm looking for a 2 or 3 yrs old car/small crossover/wagon.[/quote]It's intriguing what some new car salesmen know about used cars/availablilty/quality, and quick to ask if you've got a trade. They get good at it and have lots of chances at traders, if you're not in a hurry. I mean ... i've spent time researching new-technology lately which isn't available used yet, so was inquiring at quite a few dealers in the process (I'm wondering how much the old style vehicles will be dropping in value) So IMO a good place to inquire for used if there's lowballing on trade-ins. Electric car buyers aren't that happy apparently, mainly because of range anxiety,  so some are trying to change to plugin gas or diesel, way ahead in economy than older hybrids (from 15 years ago with their tiny non-plugin batteries).
David MacRay

Who makes a diesel hybrid?
pdw

It's the 2017 Audi Q7 e-tron quattro diesel plug-in hybrid model; they're building them after the orders for regular 2017 non-hybrid gas/diesel Q7s are filled.

Audi dealers have charge stations now and the lighter A3 e-tron 5pax gasoline non-quattro compact plugin is in stock at some dealers.
Colonel

Get a BMW i8 - passed one on the freeway
a month or two back.  Chromed, oddly, but
very snazzy:

[img width=500 height=323]https://images2.cardekho.com/images/car ... 6/bmw0.jpg[/img]

These are very popular around here, too.
Everyone has them in carbon fiber:

[img width=500 height=281]http://icdn-1.motor1.com/images/mgl/oWr ... ies-lt.jpg[/img]
Fendermandan

Very simple,
If you hate cars/crossovers and just want to get from point a to b get a toyota. Toyota venza in particular, camry based vehicle that is not manufactured as of next model year. Prices are down.

Othervise get hyundai/kia. All those german engineers are working at the Korean shops.

Chris

I hear the Moller Skycar is only a few years out.

[size=1]For the past 40 years...[/size]