Elmo V. Jet Engine

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Strega

[quote]both slowing down the air and increasing its static pressure and therefore mass flow rate[/quote]

So using an adiabatic process increases massflow?  wow....

you should go work for pratt ....  FYI that is your text,, unedited..

I find it appalling that you would weld primary structure with only basic training, and no experience.... says a lot about the person you are.

Strega

Keep living the dream man...

BTW how many "kick backs" from overhaul shops have you received?
Strega

Keep living the dream man...

BTW how many "kick backs" from overhaul shops have you received?
Strega

[quote]You budget $120k plus for each of your engine overhauls even though you say you can get it done for super cheap, plus you have a M1 license.... and you're asking me what kind of kick backs I get from engine shops?  [/quote]

I dont know where I said I paid 120k for my engine overhauls...  FYI if you have any TSIO-520 engine that can do more than about 1400 hrs smoh you are a magician... (not to mention accessories)  - not sure where I said I can overhaul one of these engines super cheap.. the discussion was about a shitty old carbed 320...  you know that though...

Plane is commercially registered, or I would sign off the engines...

Keep livin the dream man...
Cdnpilot77

Thanks guys....I feel dumber for having read that entire argument.  Not because I think either is right or wrong but because I had to go back to grade 3 to 'listen' to it.