Where did our resident expert west coast TCCA inspector go?

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Cdnpilot77

Hey Chuck, I am very curious of what caused such a huge rift and divide between BPF and yourself?  The hatred for one another seems very deeply rooted!  I have never posted on pprune, but have seen some epic battles there and on the other Canadian site.  What gives?

ScudRunner-d95

You can use the word Avcanada on here, I encourage all of you to link to other forums and resources. This is aviation information should not be proprietary it could save your bacon (or Quinoa, you dirty hippy) 
Chuck Ellsworth

[quote]
Hey Chuck, I am very curious of what caused such a huge rift and divide between BPF and yourself?  The hatred for one another seems very deeply rooted!  I have never posted on pprune, but have seen some epic battles there and on the other Canadian site.  What gives?[/quote]

Back in the late eighties he worked for me as an instructor in my flight school, I fired him because in my opinion he was not competent enough as a pilot for me to let him fly my airplanes.

Many years later he showed up on the internet as B.P.F. and started attacking my posts, it took a while but I finally found out what his real name was.

He had me at a real disadvantage at first as I use my real name on the internet because I have nothing to hide as far as my career in aviation goes.

That is basically the story....you should ask him if he ever got left seat in an air tanker after all the years he was a F.O.

He is finally in a job where he can excel and can advance up the ladder.

P.S. 

I don't hate him, I just dislike cowards.
CpnCrunch

[quote author=Chuck Ellsworth link=topic=1033.msg3986#msg3986 date=1446394090]
not competent enough[/quote]

Was this actual incompetence, or a disagreement about how to fly your planes? Did he not like your idea of doing 1-minute circuits or something? If you're going to slag someone off in public (even semianonymously), you should at least some details.

[quote author=Chuck Ellsworth]you should ask him if he ever got left seat in an air tanker after all the years he was a F.O.
[/quote]

Doesn't "PIC" generally mean left seat (from a quick google search of his name and employer).

[quote author=Chuck Ellsworth]
I don't hate him, I just dislike cowards.
[/quote]

Sounds like he figured out early on that it might be a good idea to semi-hide his identity in case someone called him incompetent :)
Chuck Ellsworth

[quote]
Was this actual incompetence, or a disagreement about how to fly your planes? Did he not like your idea of doing 1-minute circuits or something? If you're going to slag someone off in public (even semianonymously), you should at least some details.[/quote]

Fair questions, his airplane handling skills were not to my standards and he would not or could not meet them so I had to terminate him.

Seeing as it was my company and my airplane I had the right to set the standards.

No it had nothing to do with one minute circuits it was to do with flying my twin engine airplane, one minute circuits do not require great skill.

You can easily get his side of the story by asking him.

Strega

What it your twin that he wrecked?
Chuck Ellsworth

[quote]What it your twin that he wrecked?[/quote]

No.