New members.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Liquid Charlie

[quote] I've lurked for a while[/quote] -- no wonder the hair was standing up on the back of my neck -- damn lurkers -- haha -- welcome aboard --

MUSKEG

Bye bye AvC. New on here. What a breathe of fresh air.
Liquid Charlie

Good old avcanada -- at it again -- seems any time there is a thread with a little edge on it it gets removed -- seems that commercial is taking over -- while I know that these boards rely on advertising to keep going and possibly at some point turn a profit it's a shame to see that avcanada has fallen into it completely and will limit freedom of speech to keep from getting sanctioned by it's biggest source of revenue -- google -- the only way information gets out to all about the good - the bad and the ugly is through being able to pass information -- I see scudrunners mentioned more often over there -- I'm thinking more will join us --

welcome muskeg --
Chuck Ellsworth

Did you actually get booted L.C. or did you just quit posting.

I did not actually get the boot, I quit posting before they gave it to me.

A lot of my problems there were a few posters jumped every comment I made.

That does not work on this site because we can respond.
Liquid Charlie

I actually got banned -- seems google does not like my sense of humour -- I posted a little picture and there was likely copy write issues but the solution was just to boot me off rather than take the pic down and PM me -- I'm thinking maybe it was an excuse to weed out posters who would poke fun at people from time to time and such -- I have since reup'd but it seems that any time I feel the urge to comment on anything the thread gets erased -- haha -- not because of me I'm sure but just to topics I feel the urge to comment on -- :D
vanNostrum

No idea this forum existed until  someone on the OTHER website , the one where threads vanish without a trace or explanation if you don't tow the party line,commented that some of the ''unmentionables'' were posting on Scud Runners
Enough for me to join.
vN
Chuck Ellsworth

For sure the group is getting bigger.

Eventually this place will get real interesting.
CpnCrunch

I'm guessing the problem is that the scumbag operators yell "libel" at Joe and he pulls the thread. I'm pretty sure the same thing would happen here, but I could be wrong. I doubt if scud wants a lawsuit on his hands just to protect our freedom of speech.

The thread I posted earlier today on avcanada that didn't mention the scumbag operator by name still seems to be there, but as soon as anyone even hints too strongly at the operator's name, it will likely disappear. (I wouldn't put it past the guy to post the name himself, just to get the thread pulled. After all, he or one of his cronies was brazen enough to slag off the employee he fired, as well as posting his name).
Cdnpilot77

I was pretty harsh on the guy that posted the name, but it's a 2 way street.  It sounds like he had some pretty severe claims to back up his statement.  We had an interesting pm exchange.  I am not overly familiar with that operator, but if you are gonna toss around a companies name and drag them through the mud, remember there are always 2 sides to the story!

The OP of that thread was also giving second hand info.  He had his own tendency for bitching and complaining about all the other operators in his area, when he himself sits right seat in a caravan for a company with its own checkered history.  The source, is not always correct.
Liquid Charlie

It's been stated before but the truth will likely lie somewhere in the middle -- this particular individual had a rep when he was working as a pilot and now he is an owner - lets not forget he is pushing people out in some pretty bad conditions in a single engine piston engine on wheels into a country that unless you have floats or skis under you in that configuration you have no business charging people to take that kind of risk -- now the pilots are as green as grass and are straight out of flight school and he expects them to dispatch in 300/1 -- 300 feet at one time was the ILS minimums in canada -- damn and he wants his guys to stooge alone in those conditions there are towers out there and the ground is very hard -- this time of the year they also have difficulty getting a trip done in the daylight -- no matter what you say this is a bomb just waiting to off - he has already lighted the fuse - we are just waiting for the explosion -- it will be a sad day for sure -- how can anyone even bring themselves  to call a pilot a wheeny at the experience level of his pilots -- they are simply shit scared -