How can we get more members here?

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
BMac

I'm just here so I don't get fined.

jump154

[quote author=Class 4 Superstar link=topic=729.msg2753#msg2753 date=1440979378]
Gee I see that the post total is 2735 but 38 % of those posts were from 3 members :o . Don't seem to me like this place is exactly taking off  :-X
[/quote]

That's pretty typical -- in fact looks ahead of the curve to me. See the Pareto principle -- 80% of the posts will be from 20% of the members -- as an approximation tracks pretty well.

There are a lot of us who read, but cannot really contribute to threads about things we know nothing about - apart from to ask questions if they are not already asked!

I like this place.
David MacRay

There are lots of members over at AvCanada Chuck, if you're internet lonely you can still head over there for a visit.

[quote author=SSU link=topic=729.msg2776#msg2776 date=1441030608]
I can't stay ahead of Beef'n fresh Mac'rarian.
[/quote]

[voice=JeffSpicoli] My old man's a television repairman, he's got the ultimate set of tools! I can fix it. [/voice]

The kids are back to school Wednesday but I don't have to start back at my part time money gig until a week after the 4th.

Just put me in an office with a computer that has a real keyboard, hooked up to high speed Internet. Couple of pizzas and a bag of burgers later I should be able to triple the forum volume.
David MacRay

I have been internetting on an iPad for a few years now. I might need a couple of days to learn how to touch type again. My spelling is most likely still atrocious.
David MacRay

Auto correct is still good for occasional comedy after several years. I am inferring that spell cheque is not teaching me anything.
ScudRunner-d95

[quote author=Class 4 Superstar link=topic=729.msg2753#msg2753 date=1440979378]
Gee I see that the post total is 2735 but 38 % of those posts were from 3 members :o . Don't seem to me like this place is exactly taking off  :-X
[/quote]

If you we're around AvCanada back in near its beginnings (I was, different name) there was a core of frequent posters who kept the site going, now it has over 45,000 members. One could argue that without them posting the site would have died off.

If you look at their stats Avcanada has 875,092 posts vs our 2,735 that seams like we are getting killed but lets keep this in context they have been around for 15+ years we have been around 6 months. I hope we can get that big one day, all I want to do was create a forum that informs and entertains without Sir Buzz Killington hanging around. I encourage all of you to tell five others about this site just keep spreading the word and maybe we can do something positive. If this site does take off I would like to use the funds to start a flying club and encourage people to get involved in the grass routes of flying. Ask yourself how much Avcanada brings in and where does that money go?

David MacRay

I was told 7 years ago at the parent teacher interview for my daughter entering grade one that spelling is no longer a part of curriculum. They actually do expect spell check to teach students how to spell.

I was shocked and found out it is all across North America.
David MacRay

I have to admit. I am not very embarrassed by my bad spelling. I would like to spell better but I am not about to put in a lot of time and effort fixing it now.

There are things I would rather work on instead and many of them are waiting too. Life is too short.

Seems I grew up mispronouncing too many words so that does not help. Like, "suprize" the r was silent in my neighborhood.