How can we get more members here?

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
mmm...bacon

Lets start with the DC6 and compare it to either a Boeing or Airbus.

My experience with these aircraft is the DC6 was far more demanding and more complex to fly than either the Boeing or the Airbus

I was just curious, that's all?  As I said, my impression (now corrected)was that your career was Catalinas, but the above paragraph kind of says otherwise...

Chuck Ellsworth

OK mm-bacon no problem.

I flew the DC6 for NWTA in Yellowknife in 1970/71 as well as their DC3's.

I was employed by Airbus in 1996 to 2000 and spent some time in their training department in Toulouse.

I flew the 767-300ER for Arkefly charter company in Amsterdam and I can not think of a more boring job than long haul charter flying in a big jet.

I really liked aerial application especially in helicopters I flew eight years in the ag. business.

The worst type of flying I did was airdisplay in the airshow business...I did that for eight seasons all over Europe.

The best paying was flying for the movie industry, unfortunately that was just before I retired.
David MacRay

Love Toulouse, and most of southern France. Chuck, did you live in company housing and did you ever wander around the Pyranees?
Chuck Ellsworth

Randy and I are waiting for you to finish the Cub as it will be a very important part of the training / mentoring  program already in place.

mmm...bacon

Interesting career!
Chuck Ellsworth

David.

When I was in Toulouse I stayed down town in a nice hotel.
Chuck Ellsworth

mmm-bacon, yes it was interesting as I did about every type of flying possible.

And had some really interesting jobs..like flying all over Africa for TF1 the biggest TV company in France.

In all I flew fifty two years for a living until I finally retired in October of 2005...
David MacRay

Did you commute? What was the schedule like? That sounds interesting too.
Chuck Ellsworth

I commuted from my home here in Nanaimo, I usually stayed in Europe for a few months same when I was in Africa and South America.

It was the being away from home so much that was the bad part....but my wife spent a lot of time visiting me....in fact she managed to get six different African safari trips in six years.

For free of course?

Her most exciting trip was watching the shooting of a movie in Shepperton studios in London.