Excellent Practice Flight Maneuvers

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Tailwind W10

I've seen the same video with David Riggs being noted as the pilot.  Yeah, he's the same tool that's had his license revoked a couple of times, buzzed the Santa Monica pier in an L-39, and finally killed himself and a passenger trying to do the waterski stunt with a Lancair in China.
Gerry

duCapo

As if to make my point for me...

http://www.boldmethod.com/blog/2015/07/ ... -mountain/

Just frickin' lucky. No super-duper-special-turn got him out of that stupidity.
What a twat! and they laugh about it.
Colonel

in what ways could he/she mess up the maneuvers?
That's like asking, "How high is up?"

Some people could screw up a wet dream.

Just in case, get a competent, qualified,
experienced instructor to show you them.
Chuck Ellsworth

Just in case, get a competent, qualified,
experienced instructor to show you them.
This is the best advice you will ever get.

Don't get sucked in by any self serving instructors that can't find their asshole with a set of moose antlers and a flashlight.

Get any instructor you are about to hire to provide documentation of any claims they make regarding their experience and training record.

Be prepared to have a long search.
mcrit

The Colonel makes a good point about students not compensating for aileron drag.  I find students are equally bad at using rudder to control yaw due to power changes.  A good ex to help teach students this skill is as follows:

-Set the aircraft up at slightly above endurance speed with a bit of flap (65kts and 10 degrees works well for a 172). 
-Line up on a landmark (road, RR track, or something distinct on the horizon). 
-Place your feet firmly on the floor, (off the pedals), and then advance the power as you would for take-off.
-Point out to the student that the nose moves left as power is advanced, they should be able to see it move relative to the landmark upon which you lined up. 
-Smoothly reduce the power back to endurance and then repeat the process, this time using proactive right rudder to keep the nose on the landmark. 
-Now have the student manipulate the power while using the rudder to keep lined up on the landmark.
Colonel

This never gets old:

Gotta get me a pair of them white gloves, yessir!
GoBoy

Years ago when I was spending my half hour lunch break sitting in a J3 Cub learning to fly T/Dragger, the pilot training me gave me a basic stick and rudder lesson that will improve hand eye feet coordination .
He would make me draw a square in the sky with the nose of the airplane . The kicker was I was not allowed to lose or gain  altitude or deviate from the compass heading . I found it to be a great basic exercise.

He also taught me a huge secret on how to grease every single landing ............that's why I can land an airplane better than anyone on the planet  >:D
GoBoy

Here is arguably the best stick and rudder man of all time
When is the last time you saw someone "dance " a high performance aircraft down the runway ?
I just love this video
The flying is smooth graceful and flawless ....never get tired of it