Tell us your, Dream trip.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
David MacRay

Ok I feel sufficiently exposed. I was Beefitarian/Pop N Fresh at AvCanada.

I think we are over due a nice casual "What if?" Conversational topic.

So the premise as usual is unlimited funds. Where would you most like to take a plane and fly to just for fun?

I would like to fly from here, CYYC to Jolly England with stops in France via Alaska and Russia.

I know flying a private Canadian registered plane through Eastern Russia is improbable at best without knowing their language but the trip it's self fascinates me. I will grab a link to an article with a group that went to a small eastern Russian village in light singles from Alaska.

Chuck Ellsworth

How did you find this forum Beef?

Do you think it will get popular because there is no need for moderation to ensure we are P.C.?
Colonel

Vegas in the back of an aluminum tube
with a bag full of cash.
HiFlyChick

Doing timebuilding for my commercial was one of the funnest times ever.  I had to do the time anyway, so my husband and I did a few really long and awesome cross countries down into the US (pre-9/11 so a lot simpler) and also half-way across the country, both in a C172.  If I had unlimited funds I'd like to just take a month and go wherever I felt like going at the time.  Sometimes pitching a tent under the wing (tent leaked, wing kept us dry on the one time I did that), sometimes staying in nice hotels (ok, so more often than not staying in the nice hotels :) ).

I'd also like to try out some different types in the places I visited that had options (none around here for rent/instruction) - like maybe do some aerobatics and try a taildragger.  I also have seen ads to fly a Mig in Russia - I think that'd be cool (depending on how good a shape it looked to be in).
David MacRay

Those trips are awesome HiFlyChick. I just took the recommend for a clean place to sleep from the FBO. Pre 9/11, yeah I remember going to the US and not taking out any picture ID.

[quote author=Chuck Ellsworth link=topic=417.msg1535#msg1535 date=1436027643]
How did you find this forum Beef?

Do you think it will get popular because there is no need for moderation to ensure we are P.C.?
[/quote]
Scud told me via PM.

I hope not. I'm all for growth but at some point we risk a hostile take over. At that point there will need to be some form of moderation. People just like to fight on the Internet.

Anywhere you would like to fly for pleasure chuck?
Chuck Ellsworth

[quote]

Anywhere you would like to fly for pleasure chuck?[/quote]

That is a difficult question to answer because I spent a lifetime flying for a living of which about half of it was international flying.

As close as I can remember I have flown in around sixty different countries.

I guess I have had enough and my fun stuff now is just wandering all over North America in my new diesel motor home.
David MacRay

It is just a conversational question for fun. We won't hold you to it.
Travelling with some sort of RV is pretty fun too.
praveen4143

I think you'd have the most fun flying across the Atlantic in a Cessna 150!  :P
Just kidding! Had to get that out of my system!!

PS: for those that haven't heard of it - transatlantic Cessna 150 - http://www.cessna150-152.com/transatlantic.htm
David MacRay

If I hit my lower target weight of 180lbs I might be able to add fuel to a 150. I'm a little over gross currently, though I am making better eating choices last few weeks.
DonutHole

San Blas islands in a swan 50.  Call me names if you will.