Choosing a Flight Instructor

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Colonel

Chuck Ellsworth

Reminds me of some of the instructors I had when I owned a flight school.
Colonel

Someone put a LOT of effort into making that video!

It begs the uncomfortable question: which instructor type am I?

I hate to admit it, but the 1500 hour one is probably closest to me ... minus the phone.
digits

Hehe, this was great.

Too bad they didn't show the ground school/pre flight briefing session of the new instructor, which 5 manuals IN FRONT OF THE INSTRUCTOR while the student is falling asleep.
A bit unrealistic that a 10 hour student is critical though, at that phase you worship your instructor :mrgreen:
Colonel

A bit unrealistic that a 10 hour student is critical though, at that phase you worship your instructor
That's a serious problem. Flight students think their instructors know everything, and are always right.

haahahahahahahahhaahahahahaahahahahahahaahaahahahahahahahahahaha

One of the most important lessons you can learn in aviation/life, is to question the person teaching you
(this includes the arrogant talking head on the establishment TV news) because it's entirely possible they're
a complete idiot. Or a sexual predator. No, really. Ask the guys at Trenton about their Most Famous Base
Commander, ever. What was his hobby, again?
Williams, 47, had pedophile tendencies, stealing underwear of girls as young as 9 years old during the 82 fetish home invasions and attempted break-ins between Sept. 2007 and November 2009.
It's quite likely that someone reading this, had him as their flight instructor.
Williams was regarded as a model military officer ... was posted to 3 Canadian Forces Flying Training School, based at CFB Portage la Prairie, Manitoba, where he served for two years as an instructor.
Think critically. Always examine your axioms for mistakes, and review for errors your logic derived from them.

Remember, once upon a time "everyone knew" that a 10lb weight falls twice as fast as a 5lb weight. Ahem.

Once upon a time "everyone knew" that the sun circled the earth. A really smart guy got his @ss thrown in jail
for daring to question that dogma. I am not making this stupidity up.

Remember, eggs are bad for you. No, they aren't.

Butter is bad for you. No, it isn't.

Salt is bad for you. No, it isn't.

Aluminum pans will destroy your brain. No, they won't.

Saturated fat is bad for you. You should buy trans fat oil from Crisco. No, you fucking well shouldn't.
https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/20 ... -of-crisco

I could do this all day. The "experts" have fed you BS all your life. It's kind of their job. Not all of
them are evil. The vast majority of them are just mindlessly repeating the stupidity that they have
been taught. They're just moving parts. They don't think critically. I suspect they don't think at all.

Fuck, I hated that stupid orange margarine. I remember little old ladies selling yellow margarine
out of the trunks of their cars on the Manitoba-Ontario border.

Life is so incredibly stupid, sometimes.