Aviation Supply Chain Issues

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Scudrunner
Site Admin

Speaking with my Maintenance Chief he mentioned that the supply chain issues many sectors have been affected by is starting to hit aviation hard.

Tires apparently are getting rare. If fact that’s what prompted the conversation a new set was sitting in the office.

He went on that Lycoming cylinders for overhauls are non existent. He said the factory was closed for a few months as everyone figured no ones going to fly anyway so it won’t be a big deal.

Turns out everyone took the time to overhaul their birds and those who had planes preferred taking their 172 vs Airlines.

My dad mentioned his friend had to get millennial jugs on his plane and he probably got the last 4 available in Western Canada. :shock:

Hopefully this gets rectified soon as I believe this is a golden opportunity to get more people back to GA as this sector has been greying

5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
Squaretail

Where is this friend, and where does he keep his jugs? Asking for a friend. ;)

Worst are some of the specialty shops, where they've cut down the hours a lot so someone is only answering the phones on every second Tuesday between 2:00 and 3:00. Its even worse getting jugs from TCM. Who knew them being owned by the Chinese would be a bad thing?
The details of my life are quite inconsequential...